• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ONR first timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONR first timer

Just used it today and I like it a lot. First I used a mf mitt and noticed it gets really dirty. But then trying to rinse it out and the mitt is greyish. Is that normal? I then got worried and ended up using a waffle weave towel and the dirt rinsed off easily. Wondering if any of you use waffle weave not only for drying but washing too.

Re: ONR first timer

Don't worry about whether the dirt rinses completely out of the mitt during an ONR wash, though it helps to rub it against the grit guard in the bucket (if you have a grit guard--if you don't, get one!). Go over each panel at least twice before drying. A waffle weave towel for drying purposes works well. If you see that your drying towel is getting dirty, then that means that you need to wash the panel yet again.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

I didn't think about washing the panel twice, it definitely couldn't hurt if you rinse it each time.

But to answer your question I would NOT use the waffle to wash the car with, only for drying as intended.

Comment

The important thing is not to dry the panel until you are confident you have it clean; otherwise you will be grinding grit into the paint. If your ONR bucket gets real dirty, empty it and fill it up with a fresh ONR batch.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

I noticed this on my wash mitt also. It is no big deal. Just make sure you are cleaning the wash mitt, against the grit guards. You will be fine.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

FWIW, the Proline grout sponge from Lowe's works very well with ONR.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

All good advice! Lovin this forum already! So as far as how much to use, do you just use 2 gallons of water to 1 ounce ONR or do you like to use more water like say 4 gallons and maybe 2 oz ONR?

Comment

Because of the hard water in our area, I use 1 oz. of ONR per gallon.
                --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');