• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Stains from Mirror Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Stains from Mirror Fluid

I have a 2007 Toyota Avalon (pearl white), and I broke the mirror on the driver side. After the crash, I noticed that this liquid from the mirror had sprayed all over the door pannels and has stained the paint.

After doing some research I understand that this liquid is chromatic fluid, and it is very difficult to get out of the paint. Any suggestions on how to get this stuff out without repainting the doors? Any suggestions on a detail shop in North Houston who could do the work properly?

Re: Paint Stains from Mirror Fluid

Must have auto-dimming mirrors?

First thing you should do is wash it off very well. Second, try some sort of paint cleaner such as Meguiar's SwirlX or ScratchX on the spots that are stained. Hopefully, they are just on the surface and not etched into the paint too badly.

How about a picture of the affected area?

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');