• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW - Meguiar's Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - Meguiar's Grit Guard

Glad to see Meg's carrying the grit guards again, I'm gonna have to get me a new pair.
    Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Nice, now if there is a Megs bucket (preferably 3-4 gallon) to accompany this (or buy seperately), then it would be complete.

Comment

I'm happy that Meguiar's has the Grit Guard, but I too think there should be wash buckets available. Perhaps a package, 2 buckets, 2 Grit Guards, some Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner or other products to fill the buckets to make shipping cost effective.

I have had 2 Grit Guards for about 1 month now, but I haven't been able to use them. They don't fit in my existing (16L/4gal) buckets. I'm going to have to take my Grit Guards to Home Depot to find a bucket that they fit in. Without a doubt, I would have bought Meguiar's wash buckets at the same time. I think this is going to be a sore point with a few consumers. My buckets fall within the (3.5 - 5 gal.) range, but they don't fit.

I realize we always seem to want more and more, no matter what we get but to me buckets makes sense. They seem like a great way to advertise the company name. They will last forever and they offer a lot of space for a logo.

Comment

Nice to see a grit guard in the Meguiar's line.

It was really a big item that was missing for people who shop purely from Meguiar's products.
          Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
          Houston Area Mobile Detailing
          www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
            Dude, keep me in the loop on the development of my AIO mist-on/wipe-off swirl remover idea - k?
            Rumor has it that it may even be able to take out wet sanding marks ...

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
              Rumor has it that it may even be able to take out wet sanding marks ...
              It's not a rumor.

And if the product has not yet been finalized, could you ask the Megs chemists to throw in a sealant and LSP as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunky View Post
                Other than the color, is there any difference from the regular grit guard?
                The Meguiar's GritGuard is the same quality design as you expect from Gritguard in Meguiar's gold.
                Do it right the first time

Comment

Can't wait to see and buy this in my country (Asia) hehehhe
                  "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Comment

That is great! But i just purchased the Grit Gaurd from GG. Oh well.
                    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
                    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
                    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

I wish they had this in my local detail shop, when I bought my two Grit Guards. Oh well, they work the same ways.

Comment

If they can produce Grit Guards, I wish someday in the future, Meguiar's will design their own foam gun.

Comment

I just bought two NON Megs Grit Guard from ADS, damn... missed it.
                          Rob A.
                          '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                          '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by Ravi_1992 View Post
                            Now all we need is a couple of 5 gallon buckets with the meguiars logo and we'll be good to go !
                            Oh yeah, how cool would shiny BLACK buckets with the Meguiar's logo in gold be?!!
                            Barry

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
                              I just bought two NON Megs Grit Guard from ADS, damn... missed it.
                              I should of waited too. Oh well, I have two black GRIT GUARDS on the bottom of my 5-gallon Home Depot buckets. They will work the same way.

Comment

Shiny black buckets with red/yellow guards....

I have some stickers from ADS slapped on my buckets.
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');