• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civic SI detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civic SI detail

Hey everyone, been awhile since Ive really been active on here. Been really busy having the detailing pick up during the summer and taking summer classes

This is a good friends car who is up in Dallas for job training. Ive slowly gotten him more and more interested in detailing so while he was here he drove down and we went at it! Showed him how to use a PC, differences in products, etc. It was a great time and the car turned out great! Anyways enough talk, on with the pictures!

Before:

^best picture of the scratches we could get, for some reason they were being really difficult to capture on camera. This gives a basic idea, paint was lacking luster there were scratches and swirling was pretty decent.

^taping it up and doing test spots after a wash

Re: Civic SI detail

Now on to the pics we all like! The after shots!

^after polishing, no wax applied yet.

^Still some RIDS in the paint that were not removed

Sadly no full sun shots close up as the sun was behind the clouds all day though the next day I received these two shots. He was happy with the results.

Process used:

-washed with gold class shampoo, two bucket method
    -clayed with meg's blue mild clay and last touch as lube
    -tires cleaned with APC+ and rims with just soap and water
    -tires dressed with hyper dressing
    -paint polished with M105 with a PC7424xp on an orange LC pad (got it to finish down awesomely!)
    -waxed with blackfire wet diamond
    -glass with sprayway
    -interior was treated with APC+ on carpets and seats extracted with LGM
    -M40 on interior plastic

Thanks for looking everyone

Comment

Just for fun, when we finished up later at night we went down for a little photoshoot so Id thought Id post a few up too

^ and the happy owner!

Comment

Hey John, glad to see you posting again. Great work on the civic.

Next time you are trying to capture swirls. Place your finger next to them. It makes the camera focus on the finger and presto, the swirls are present.

Great work on the Civic. Way to go.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

You know that probably wouldve worked >.< I never even thought about that, especially since we were using an auto focus haha. Live and learn right? Atleast I know for next time

Comment

Nice job John...car looks great.
            Don
            "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');