• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Reputable Detailer in/near Citrus county FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Reputable Detailer in/near Citrus county FL

Hi guys,

Bought this black '09 M46 with 17K miles a few months ago & it's making me crazy.

This car has their "scratch resistant" clearcoat and it just doesn't seem to be working - at least not like it does on my wife's blue '09 G37.

This particular car has a LOT of water spots, particularly on the pass. side. Not sure if it was routinely parked somewhere where it got hosed by a sprinkler system, or something dripped on it a lot ?? Even the glass is spotted. It also has tons of fine scratches that run horizontally down the sides from the window trim down about 6 - 8", across the back of the trunk and on the front fenders & hood. Look to me like it was dry wiped a lot or dragged thru a crappy car wash.

I have a PC 7424 and have tried twice to work out some of the crud with M80. It's a lot better than when I got it and the Tech wax 2 has temporarly "hidden" some as well, but I'd really like to have it looked at professionally.
    2009 M45s - Black Obsidian/Graphite - Sport, Tech, Advanced Tech, Wood, Spoiler

2009 G37 Convertible - Athens Blue/Bone - Premium, Sport, Navi

2003.5 G35s Caribbean Blue - Premium, Wood, Spoiler

Re: Need Reputable Detailer in/near Citrus county FL

Man, I wish I saw this earlier. I had a chance to go to Chiefland this weekend.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I am about 3 hours from Citrus Country (Oviedo/Orlando) and can help you out if you are interested.

From them most exclusive car shows in the world to your garage, Bella Macchina offers the highest quality auto detailing services to clients world wide.
      Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        Man, I wish I saw this earlier. I had a chance to go to Chiefland this weekend.
        Bummer, you probably drove right past my house to get there ..........

Comment

Tried to get some pics of the waterspotting and scuffing:

If you click on the pics, they will expand so you can see the details.

Also, for you mobile guys - I have a large garage with power & fans and a 20 x 20 carport that also has power and is shaded until early evening.

Comment

Todd Helme (Bella Macchina) came out yesterday and spent the entire day (11 hours !) working on my car and the results are simply awesome.

There actually WAS a black car hiding under all the hazing, waterspots, scratches etc.
            I keep sneaking out to the garage just to admire the shine - hee hee.

THANK YOU Todd for a great job on my new "baby" !!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD1 View Post
              Todd Helme (Bella Macchina) came out yesterday and spent the entire day (11 hours !) working on my car and the results are simply awesome.

There actually WAS a black car hiding under all the hazing, waterspots, scratches etc.
              I keep sneaking out to the garage just to admire the shine - hee hee.

THANK YOU Todd for a great job on my new "baby" !!
              Thanks Mike, it was really a pleasure to meet you!

Comment

Any pictures taken? Wish I was there but had a few cars to wash on that day.

Comment

Todd Helme comes through again

Comment

Way to go Todd. I am sure it came out perfect.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                      Way to go Todd. I am sure it came out perfect.
                      Unfortunately perfection wasn't in the cards for this one , the water etching was deep (some of the real bad ones could be felt with a finger nail.)

In the end I used Meguiar's M105 on a So1o Wool pad x 3-4 on the roof, hood, and trunk, as well as upper door panels, then followed up with M105 on a purple wool pad with the Flex, and then finished out.

I would say there was a 90 percent reduction the scratches and probably a 75 percent reduction in the water spots, but in Mike's words, "The car looks a 1000% better."

And as Kenny Rogers would add, "You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them...."

Comment

Even tho I'm certainly no pro at detailing, I knew when I had gone over it twice & it was just not getting any better that some of the damage would likely be too deep to be machined out. Of course, black is always the worst since every little niggling defect "pops" under indirect lighting, adding to the challenge.

Since the car is only 18 months old, I really didn't want to wet sand this soon & knew deep down that when Tood saw it, he was probably going to tell me that was going to be the only way to achieve perfection (and he did !).

Todd went above and beyond trying to get the car as "perfect" as he could without sanding and I'm thrilled with the results ! He even got most of the hard water marks off the windshield & sunroof (which I didn't think was going to be possible without extreme measures). Even the plastic B & A pillar covers came out perfect & I had written them off as hopeless ! I also learned a lot about what I've been doing wrong in the past trying to get out light scratchs etc. I only wish my gimpy knee would have let me spend more time in the garage (and Todd's hair) than I was able to during the process.

Look forward to seeing you again soon Todd !

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');