So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

Voters
748. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a full-time detailer/own a detailing business - Its my job/life!

67 8.96%
  • I detail for some side cash on the weekends.

226 30.21%
  • I just detail my vehicles.

386 51.60%
  • I never have detailed a vehicle, I am learning how to/just starting.

56 7.49%
  • Other

13 1.74%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

I am the paint whisperer. Superior Shine's Avatar
    Frank doesn’t use clay to clean the finish of a vehicle (as he posted recently) He uses other ways to clean the surface of paint. I am assuming he will not teach the proper way to use detailing clay if he doesn’t use it himself.

I have detailed vehicles since I was 7 - 8 year old starting out in my fathers body shop (I am 37 now) and I personally believe that the introduction of detailing clay is the best thing to happen to auto detailing in the last 20 years. Even though I respect others opinions I do believe it unfortunate that some don't see the benefit of detailing clay.

Registered Member
    Since I have already been teaching Adult Evening Detailing Classes at many of the local high schools here in South Jersey for more than ten years and I now also offer Online Detailing Classes, it was only natural for me to begin to offer new clients Onsite Detailing Tutorials.

Over the years it has become clear to me that there are plenty of people who just have a basic need to learn more about detailing. When it comes to detailing, I intend to continue to satisfy that need. Below is a brief summary of what the tutorial has to offer a new client.

TUTORIAL OBJECTIVE
    The tutorial is being developed to help someone through the basic process of what it takes to safely clean, polish and wax todays' Hi-Tech Automobile Paint Finishes. It is a good way for someone to learn just about everything they need to know about safely cleaning, polishing, waxing and protecting their own car. Clients will be able to discuss their problems and get solutions.

TUTORIAL DESCRIPTION
    The onsite tutorial will include information about the history of automobile paints and finishes. Comprehensive information about automobile detailing products, such as cleaners, polishes, waxes and protectants. Also included is an outline of basic step-by-step process procedures plus availability of professional automobile detailing supplies and products. How-to safely clean, polish and wax a car by hand and avoid surface damage. How-to clean and protect tires and wheels. How to apply interior and exterior protectants. How to clean and protect upholstery and carpets. How to thoroughly clean windows. The tutorial will also help clients to identify specific paint problems and receive possible solutions, cures and prevention.

TUTORIAL OUTLINE
    1 - Exterior Cleaning, Polishing, Waxing and Protecting
    2 - Interior Cleaning and Protecting
    3 - Detailing Supplies and Products.
    4 - Detailing Quality Checklist
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Registered Member electricgreen's Avatar
    Just my own...unless I get ahold of some else's for a day (I'm detailing obsessed...I'll hijack someone elses car to detail if I get the chance)

I am the paint whisperer. Superior Shine's Avatar
    Frank,

well thought out curriculum, good luck with classes.

For me, detailing is a "paying hobby"and a form of stress relief... it is a lot cheaper than seeing a pshrink!
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Registered Member

Why and What I detail

I detail my own cars, my wife loves it. Also do some of my families cars as well as friends of the family. There is something about a 73 year old retired pastor who means a lot to me marveling at his gleaming Saturn. Also my daughters now expect it...

A hobby I enjoy completely.

Bill P.

Registered Member
    Mostly my own, but last fall I started doing others vehicles on weekends. So, hopefully I will be doing others starting this spring.
    My Home Page
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT
    Alpine CDM-9803, Alpine MRP-F306, Crossfire TEK 35.2, Front Stage: Stock Speakers, JL Audio 10W3D2

Once I get some sort of DA polisher/buffer I am going to tackle my brother's 89 Vette and associated swirls. Until then, it's just detailing my car and washing my mother's.
    "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
    R.A. Heinlein

I detail my own car within an inch of its life, and I also do side work (weather permitting) on coworkers cars, family and referrals.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Originally posted by Superior Shine

I personally believe that the introduction of detailing clay is the best thing to happen to auto detailing in the last 20 years.
    I definitely agree. The next best thing in the last 20 years is microfiber towels.

----------------

Back to the topic. I've had my own mobile detailing business 11 years full time come April.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information