• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tend to do my own vehicles and that takes up a great deal of time in itself...LOL But if any friends or anyone asks me to do their vehicle, I normally will take it on.

Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
    2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

I'm what I like to call a "weekend-only pro," because I usually fill up my weekends with details on client vehicles.

I'd LOVE to go full-time, and maybe I will next summer. The decision then will be whether or not to invest in a trailer and going totally mobile. Luckily I already have the means to haul it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
        I know of a detailer, Gary - Chicago I think, that has become very useful at training. [/B]
        Would that be Gary Kouba of PerfectAutoFinish?
        See Kevin's '03 PT Cruiser GT here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/477590

Comment

I just detail my own car.... and try to get my neighbours, family and some more people Meguiars enthousiasts by detailing their cars....
          Or just demonstrate Meguiars to them....... to get more and more Meguiars enthousiasts in The Netherlands.

I don't get money for this, and look at it like a sort of hobby.

(My girlfriend is getting more and more familiar with terms like Swirls..... when I look at other cars while driving.....)

Comment

Full time! Hard work, high risk, great reward. Been at it for the last five years.

Mobile Auto Spa and Detail

Comment

I'm a weekender I'v been doing a car a weekend for quite awhile now. It keeps me busy with my full time job during the week.
              Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

Comment

well I am still pretty new at this so I only detail my car, but I did do both my girlfriends and my mom's cars for practice with products like DC#1 and scratch X before moving over to my finish which is in pretty decent shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
                  I definitely agree. The next best thing in the last 20 years is microfiber towels.

----------------

Back to the topic. I've had my own mobile detailing business 11 years full time come April.

definetly agree, pc.cyclo are in my top 10..i occasionally due other people's car, sometimes for money sometime free. this spring i do plan on doing interiors on sundays for extra cash..thanks to accumulator and others i plan on getting a either the ninja or sensei extractor

Comment

Myself, I'm just learning. Bought an MG that had badly oxidized paint. A friend suggested the Deep Crystal three step system. After the removal of the oxidation, found the paint to be fairly decent. I have spent over two weeks trying to bring it back. This forum has been the best thing I could have found. I now have practiced on my Grand Prix and my wife's Frontier. I have ordered a PC and now I can't wait!!!

Comment

bump - - anyone else?
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Just do my own. Once in a while I will do one for a friend or relative.
                        I've always been crazy...
                        It keeps me from going insane!

Comment

I started off doing just mine about 6 months ago. I had some swirls and scratches when I bought a used NIssan Titan . I spent a lot of time on here reading and learning from experienced people. I attended a Meguiars RoadShow in Tampa and got some excellent hands on training from MIke Phillips and other detailers from the Florida and surrounding area.
                          I went to work on mine and afterwards got compliments and questions as to who/where I got my truck deatiled at. I was able to tell them that I did it and owed it all to Meguiars, Meguiars ONline community members, and the Roadshow. I work full time as a Firefighter/Medic and have some time off between shifts so it has allowed me the opportunity to begin detailing on the side during the past few months.

Comment

Motorcycles, motorcycles and more motorcycles

I try to leave those big time consuming cars and utilities to those with more muscle power....give me the good old cruisers anyday.

The only cars I do are for friends and family or for clients that I do their motorcycles I will sometimes do their cars as well.

Did a semi once....but never again.

Comment

I am a weekend car detailer for money. I dont get enought time to do my own car. I am always working on someone elses car or truck. Oh well it pays for my Meguiar's addiction.
                              You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

I am just learning how to detail cars the correct way, so I just do my truck, and a few friends or relatives cars or motorcycles (All I've done is a Gold Wing, a ST1100, a Grand Prix GT, a Mazda 626, and my truck). I'd love to do detailing as a side job, but right now I don't have the capital I would need, since I would probably want to get a PC before I did it as a job.
                                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');