• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, where do you stand when it comes to detailing?

I own and operate a limousine,Ive waxed cars for years and previously had a detailer do limo twice a year.Eventually my dissatafaction with details lead me to learn the rest of the detail process in order to apply a good coat of protectant and achive a shiny finish.

Comment

Originally posted by hibble1 View Post
      I own and operate a limousine,Ive waxed cars for years and previously had a detailer do limo twice a year.Eventually my dissatafaction with details lead me to learn the rest of the detail process in order to apply a good coat of protectant and achive a shiny finish.
      ...and save some cash!! That is alot of paint to wax!!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I just detail my Silverado and once in a while I detail the neighbors cars for some extra money
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Full Time and my back feels it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
            Full blown, all speed ahead, pedel to the metal, full time auto detailing !!!
            Second that.
            Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Comment

Detail my own vehicles and do friends/acquaintances vehicles for side cash on occasion...

Comment

I detail my own vehicles as often as they need it, and my neigboors say they want their cars to look like mine so that is how i make my weekend money
                A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Comment

I do family and close friend vehicles, plus just a handful of paying customers in a year.

Comment

Naturally I detail my own but have done other vehicles as a favor for others but didn't charge for it.
                    BobbyG

Comment

I detail my own car and my brothers truck and his girl freinds car and my parents car for free..and i do the odd detail for other people for some cash

Comment

Starting a mobile detailing business in Rhode Island. Right now it's just my car and family, but I'm going to branch out to coworkers and friends. In the process of making business cards and a website. Suggestions welcome.
                        -----

Comment

I just detail my own cars and family/friends cars. I'm gonna start doing it for money on the weekends

Comment

For those of you who do 'detail on the side for some spare cash in the weekends', may I ask how you go about getting work? as in, how do you advertise (or is it just for mates, family, etc.)

Also, how long do you reckon it should take to perform a 'full vehicle detail' roughly (including; interior, washing, claying, polishing/cutting and waxing), using all consumer range products and a D/A - if this makes a difference (assuming the vehicle has some light swirls and fairly good paint). Just very generally for a time frame would be good - I've heard an entire day? that seems a bit drastic and unproductive, especially if the detailer is trying to make some quick cash!

Cheers.
                            '69 Dodge Charger 'General Lee' (Smith Brothers Restoration)
                            '00 White R34 GT-R V-Spec
                            '04 Blacked-Out E55 AMG
                            '03 Blacked-Out H2 Hummer
                            '09 Blacked-Out ML63 AMG... + more

Comment

I did some previous details for a side job, a long time ago. But now I just detail mine and my brothers truck.
                              My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am the self titled "Fleet Manager" at my house. Both of my cars are kept clean at all times. I worked as a detailer for close to 7 years at dealerships, until moving on. I do work on the side for extra cash and pure enjoyment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');