• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastx saved my sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastx saved my sanity

I feel bad for not taking pics. But ever since I owned my car the instrument cluster has had brown spots (like dried pepsi) and deep scratchs in each cluster. For the life of me I could not regain the clairity. It was a scratch that keep digging into my sanity everytime I started the car. Bought Plastx for the headlights and tried it on the cluster. WOW! you'd thinking I ordered a brand new cluster from the dealer Crystal Clear now.

Re: Plastx saved my sanity

I have seen a couple of these instrument clusters done but I was wondering about how you dide it. I'm assuming by hand with a microfiber towel or something? Let us know your process.

Comment

Just a microfiber towel and some elbow grease. Used about a dime sized spot of Plastx each for the tach, speedo, and fuel + temp guage. Took 2-3 applications to completely remove all scratchs and stains. I removed the bezel to get better access to the cluster.

This isn't my actual car but same style. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of my result.

Comment

Looks great. I had a Sebring, that needed this. It turned out pretty well. Glad it worked for you.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Ive used plastx on the interior plastic fake wood , it took out id say about 90 % of the little scratches, its some good stuff

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');