• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC vs. Simple Green?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC vs. Simple Green?

How does the Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner compare to Simple Green in terms of cleaning power? How about safety (not having to worry about it being too strong)?

And for Simple Green what dilution should I use for cleaning carpets?

Thanks
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (my modded baby)
    Others: 2003.5 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi SLT Sport, 2000 Lincoln Town Car, 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 (W124), 1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, 1931 Ford Model A Commercial Pickup

Re: APC vs. Simple Green?

Stay away from SG. All you need is APC or APC+ and one gallon will last a long time (they both dilute either 4:1 or 10:1). Not to mention it's useful around the house among other things and not for only auto related tasks.

Comment

I personally do not like Simple Green. I've worked on the drilling rigs most of my adult life. There is only one product that all of the rigs use for quick cleanups, in the eating quarters etc... that's Spray Nine. Simple Green is pretty good if environmental concerns outweigh how well a product works, but Spray Nine is almost twice as effective. I've seen guys complain when the Rig Manager decided to order Simple Green.

I would put Spray Nine in the Super Degreaser category. It's good stuff. That being said, it's also very expensive. It's about equivalent to Super Degreaser at 4:1.

note: this is just from personal experience, it's not like I've done scientific testing, but I was just using both products today to degrease an engine.

BTW if you want to clean carpets most guys use APC+

Comment

SG messed up my previous wheelwells. APC and ASD brought them back slowly.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If you're planning to use one product for multiple surfaces on your car, you have to be careful with Simple Green on aluminum (wheels, engine components, etc.) as it can discolor the finish and potentially lead to metal fatigue of the parts if used repeatedly.

Comment

I was just planning on using it on the carpets only.
            2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (my modded baby)
            Others: 2003.5 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi SLT Sport, 2000 Lincoln Town Car, 1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 (W124), 1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, 1931 Ford Model A Commercial Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by All of 75 View Post
              I think the consensus will be APC+
              less foaming better smell

Comment

If you follow the directions and proper dilution ratio's for SG, it's pretty good IMO. I use it for more general cleaning though. If you want something you can use all around, and less chances of potentially ruining something, go with APC+.

Comment

Originally posted by All of 75 View Post

APC is amazing on carpets, I made 20 year old carpet look new with it.

and plus it has fabric softener in it, so its perfect for carpet, esspecially if ur doing it by hand with a brush

Try 10:1 first, then 4:1 if needed

Comment

Here is another vote for APC or APC+. Never had much success with Simple Green.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

The concern I have with Simple Green when degreasing and cleaning a car is the degradation it does to aluminum if you forgetfully let a part sit without washing it off. My intake manifold + other parts and my wheels are uncoated aluminum and for this reason I stopped using SG for the car. I've used it for other stuff however and it works fine but I will have to say that I've never tried APC before

Comment

APC+ handles all of my interior cleaning needs, I can definitely agree that it blows all the others away!
                        David M. Sylican
                        Innovative Detailing
                        Headlight Lens Restoral
                        Detailing Caddy
                        Join us on Facebook

Comment

I've tried to use simple green through the years and it's just not very good...period. I've been using Meguiar's APC+ and Super Degreaser for a while now and they're top shelf products in my opinion.

I threw out simple green a while ago and will never by it again.
                          BobbyG

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');