• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cloth & trim detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloth & trim detailer

i am such a fool ... yesterday i gave the weekly visit to this car I must admit i NEVER thought it would come off bu t i gave it a shot none the less. You see the owner of this car is doing some renovations to his wifes investment unit & she accidentally left some white paint finger prints in the passenger door trim. It had been there for quite a while. I told them i would remove the stain when i get the appropriate product. Well luck had it that i was removing a small spot from the seat with my cloth and trim detailer & for some weird reason i decided to read the instructions again (out of boredom) while i wait for the product to penetrate the stain. Anyhow i noticed that it said it works on vinyl. Well about 2 minutes after the seat stain was gone..... so was the paint

i just wish i'd bothered to take a before picture. It really impressed both the owner & myself. So a big thankyou for this product Meguiars ... & i hope some1 else may remember this thread if this happens to them.
    All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

I'm glad to hear that they came off SK! Just out of curiosity, what type of paint was adhered to the vinyl? Latex paint?

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Hi Rockpick

it was just ordinary house paint that hadnt been cleaned off his wifes hands properly and it left ghost like finger prints on the black interior
      All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Comment

Hi Srintking!

Well I am glad to here that the paint came off and the product turned out to be agood cleaner.
        JEff
        JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');