• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Meguiars polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Meguiars polish?

As a kid growing up (1940>50) I remember my mom had a bottle of Megs Furniture Polish. There was a number on it, 5, 7, or 9 (don't remember which). I'm curious if the any of the CURRENT Meg numbers translate back to the 'original' furniture polish.

I also remember my dad using this polish in the 50's on his car. Used Simonize Cleaner, the Meg polish, then Simonize wax. That's where and when I started using Meguiar's, about 1955. That process was a workout! No D/A's back then.

Thanx all.

Bill

Re: Old Meguiars polish?

The Megs polish your dad used was most likely was Megs #7 Seal and reseal glaze, which now is called Megs #7 Show car glaze. Ill bet your dads car looked great.

Comment

Larry,

Right you are about the 'old' lable on '7'. In fact, I empied my last bottle with the old lable about 5-6 years ago.

I maybe should have written my question my clearly. Was '7' the original Meguiar Furniture Polish or was it another number, ie 5 or 9?

Reason I posted the question is we have a lacquer finished 6.5' grand piano, and I do know the 'old' furniture polish did a GREAT job on this type of finish. The finish is good now, but needs just a tad more TLC.

Using M07 back in the day was a workout for sure. I did the 'full' polish/wax on my dad's '55 Chev (Coral/Gray) so I could use it for 'the prom.' When I finished that sucker, I knew why Pop had arms like Popeye!

Bill

Comment

Check out some of the threads in this forum group...
        Blast From The Past
        Antique, Rare and Unique Meguiar's product from over the years...
        Lots of cool old products, like this one...

Mirror Glaze Furniture Glaze Cleaner

Interesting that there's no part number anywhere on the bottle or the front or back label.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mr. Phillips,

That is the thread that got me thinking about what mom was using and Pop 'used'.

Kinda bad when, in your minds eye you can see something, but try to really see it and it becomes an obsession...LOL.

As I keep thinking about the mystery bottle, I really think it also said, "Original" on the front. Knowing my luck, it was something my dad brought back from the South Pacific (WW2) and was 'GI' only.

Thanx!

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');