• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Vac or Extractor for carpet Cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shop Vac or Extractor for carpet Cleaning?

I use an extractor for carpet cleaning as i do have almost all types of extractors and it works excellent as compared to shop vac and yeah its usage also depends on how much dirt carpets are having and the type of fabric you have so as to always maintain carpet's quality and beautiful look..
    Carpet Cleaning Services Boynton Beach

Comment

What do you think of "Carpet Cleaner" like Hoover, is that ok to do some minor cleaning?

Comment

One part of this that I have not seen mentioned is that you need to really clean the carpets of the embedded particles before even thinking of going to a extractor of some kind. Brushing the carpet fibers and giving a good vacuum is key to the overall outcome of the carpet.
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
          One part of this that I have not seen mentioned is that you need to really clean the carpets of the embedded particles before even thinking of going to a extractor of some kind. Brushing the carpet fibers and giving a good vacuum is key to the overall outcome of the carpet.
          Agreed- I know that a buddy had used the LGM and wasn't inpressed, until he told me that he didn't vacuum very well first. Well no, of course it won't work very well. I had a small LGM years ago, and did ok, I think my larger Shop Vac does a better job of "extracting" but for me, I like the APC/brush/blot/water/ShopVac system. But, I don't have anything against extractors either, I just wouldn't use one often enough to justify the investment.
          2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
          2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');