• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Chevy Silverado, '10 Sierra Z-71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Chevy Silverado, '10 Sierra Z-71

2008 Chevy Silverado, 32k miles.

Client uses it as a work truck.

It was a bit dirty and there was some nasty overspray on the hood the client wanted removed so the paint would bead again.

A couple before shots:

I washed the wheels, tires, and wells with Super Degreaser, All Purpose Cleaner, and various brushes.

I then foamed them down with Deep Crystal Car Wash and scrubbed them.

I wanted to use my pressure washer, but its pretty loud and I do not think anyone would have wanted to hear that at 7:00am when mostly everyone was still sleeping.

After cleaning the wheels, tires, and wells I prepared the foam gun for the wash.

I poured in 3oz of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and 3oz of Super Soap in the jar and slowly filled the rest with water and gave it a good shake.

I also put a couple oz of SS in my rinse bucket.

I rinsed the entire truck off and applied some Body Solvent to the grille and lower panels and scrubbed them with a bug sponge during the wash.

Of course, I used it on my highest setting.

I foamed each section with the gun, agitated with my wash mitt, then rinsed. I had a good amount of foam leftover that I foamed the entire truck down again all at once just for fun, I then rinsed, dried with WM's and pulled it in the garage.

No befores on the interior, was behind schedule.

The interior was cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner, cotton towels, various brushes and then dressed with Quik Interior Detailer.

I did a dry brush and vac on the carpet, and beat the drivers side mat against a tree and did a vac on it.

The glass was cleaned with Glass Cleaner Concentrate 10:1 and cottont towels.

The jambs were cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner.

The paint was clayed with liberal amounts of Last Touch Spray Detailer
    and Detailing Clay (Mild).

I then applied a durable coat of #20 - Polymer Sealant to the paint and chrome with my PC.

Tires dressed with Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating (Aerosol) multiple times since the tires soaked them up.

Wells were dressed with Hyper-Dressing at 2:1.

============================================

2010 GMC Sierra, 8k miles.

Client uses it to run around in and not so much for work.

Yes, it is black.

I washed the wheels, tires, and wells with All Purpose Cleaner and various brushes, then foamed them up with Deep Crystal Car Wash and agitated.

I rinsed the truck with water, applied some Body Solvent to the grille and lower fenders.

I then loaded up my foam gun with 3oz of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and three oz of Super Soap and filled the rest with water.

I also added some solution to my rinse bucket and washed each section with a Meguiars wash mitt.

I used the foam gun on the highest setting.

I rinsed the truck off really well, then pulled it in the garage and dried it off with some WMs.

I then clayed the paint with Detailing Clay (Mild) and Last Touch Spray Detailer at 1:1.

I then applied a coat of #20 - Polymer Sealant with my PC at speed 4 to all the paint and chrome.

Tires/fenderwells dressed with Hyper-Dressing at 2:1.

All exterior trim was dressed with Quik Interior Detailer

The glass and toolbox was wiped clean and streak free with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1 and cotton towels.

Interior was given a vac and a wipedown with Quik Interior Detailer and the jambs were wiped out with Last Touch Spray Detailer.

The client was kind enough to let me snap a couple shots in the garage.

I took a few more the next day,

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 2008 Chevy Silverado, 10' Sierra

excellent job. i'm in chicago when are you holding your next meg's workshop???

Comment

Great work Nick!!!

How much car does this guy have?!? It seems that every car you detail is different!!!
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Both trucks look great. I wish I Had a work truck that clean to do. lol.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Another GMC with Chevy wheels. Those are nice wheels. I like the 5 spoke design even though the truck has a 6 bolt pattern.
          Very similar to my truck. Did you do the decal removal Nick? I think it looks way better with them removed. The truck is nice on it's own. Great body lines etc.
          I'm jealous of those wheels (never mind the monster garage).

Nice work again Nick. Those foam guns shots look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
            I did a dry brush and vac on the carpet, and beat the drivers side mat against a tree and did a vac on it.
            That right there is a true sign of passionate detailing

On the Silverado's front bumper, do you apply anything to the plastic areas?
            Black on Black - 2007 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4x4
            Personalized Detailing

Comment

Great Job!

Comment

Do you guys like the color of this truck? It's kind of strange it looks dark in some shots but more towards a baby blue in the sun shots. I like the way it looks in the darker shots (like this one).

Nick, what do you think of it, do you like it? I'm sure it's 1000X more forgiving than black.

Comment

I LOVE the color of that truck. I'd pick that color in a heartbeat.

Nick, when I read the title of the thread, I was trying to figure out what you meant by 10' Sierra (read as 10 foot Sierra). I was wondering if it was a 10 foot tall Sierra, or maybe it was a 10 footer, ie not perfect close up. After getting to the writeup, I realized you meant '10 as in 2010. Ha ha.

Colin
                  A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Very nice job on both trucks. I had a question though, how do you apply Hyper Dressing? Do you just spray and wipe it off or spray on towel and then wipe off the parts that you want or some other way? lol

Thanks for reply.
                    Slava

SK Auto Detailing
                    http://skautodetailing.com

Comment

Nick awesome work....I can't wait to get my foam gun if paypal moves their butts in give me my money

Comment

Great job as always! Seeing all of this talk about foam guns is making me want to buy one.

As a cheaper alternative, I bought a few of the foaming sprayers and use them with a standard bottle and a strong car wash solution. The foaming sprayer does a decent job of at least softening the dirt on the car but not even close to what a foam gun can do.

The black on that truck looks amazing! I really have to try some M20.
                        Tedrow's Detailing
                        845-642-1698
                        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by thedirtyshow View Post
                          excellent job. i'm in chicago when are you holding your next meg's workshop???
                          Thanks.

I have never held one before.

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                          Great work Nick!!!

How much car does this guy have?!? It seems that every car you detail is different!!!
                          Thank you sir.

He has a lot of trucks, motorcycles, cars, and a boat.

I did complete details on all of them about a year ago, the writeups are here still.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                          Both trucks look great. I wish I Had a work truck that clean to do. lol.
                          Thanks J.A.

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post

Another GMC with Chevy wheels. Those are nice wheels. I like the 5 spoke design even though the truck has a 6 bolt pattern.
                          Very similar to my truck. Did you do the decal removal Nick? I think it looks way better with them removed. The truck is nice on it's own. Great body lines etc.
                          I'm jealous of those wheels (never mind the monster garage).

Nice work again Nick. Those foam guns shots look great.
                          I like the wheels as well, Bill.

No, I did not do the decal removal. I actually think it looks better with the decals on, especially the Z71 4x4 ones.

Thanks Bill, the foam gun is a fun toy.

Originally posted by ca2kjet View Post
                          That right there is a true sign of passionate detailing

On the Silverado's front bumper, do you apply anything to the plastic areas?
                          Thanks. Clouds of dirt came out of them that the shop vac would get out completly.

I applied some QID to the exterior trim.

Originally posted by CWilliams4296 View Post
                          Great Job!
                          Thanks.

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post

Do you guys like the color of this truck? It's kind of strange it looks dark in some shots but more towards a baby blue in the sun shots. I like the way it looks in the darker shots (like this one).

Nick, what do you think of it, do you like it? I'm sure it's 1000X more forgiving than black.
                          I think it looks okay. Looks better when its all cleaned up i the sun than in the shade IMO.

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                          I LOVE the color of that truck. I'd pick that color in a heartbeat.

Nick, when I read the title of the thread, I was trying to figure out what you meant by 10' Sierra (read as 10 foot Sierra). I was wondering if it was a 10 foot tall Sierra, or maybe it was a 10 footer, ie not perfect close up. After getting to the writeup, I realized you meant '10 as in 2010. Ha ha.

Colin
                          Yep, I just meant 2010.

Originally posted by turbo_911 View Post
                          Very nice job on both trucks. I had a question though, how do you apply Hyper Dressing? Do you just spray and wipe it off or spray on towel and then wipe off the parts that you want or some other way? lol

Thanks for reply.
                          For the tires, I spray HD on a microfiber pad and carefully apply it thin and evenly.

For the front wells, I spray HD in there, then spray some HD on a microfiber and wipe them down evenly for a medium gloss.

Originally posted by aris View Post
                          Nick awesome work....I can't wait to get my foam gun if paypal moves their butts in give me my money
                          Thanks.

Let us know how you like it.

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
                          Great job as always! Seeing all of this talk about foam guns is making me want to buy one.

As a cheaper alternative, I bought a few of the foaming sprayers and use them with a standard bottle and a strong car wash solution. The foaming sprayer does a decent job of at least softening the dirt on the car but not even close to what a foam gun can do.

The black on that truck looks amazing! I really have to try some M20.
                          Thanks.

I do like the black Sierra. Seriously considering purchasing one just like it but in a metallic color.

I also like the GMC grille over the Chevy.
                          Nick
                          815-954-0773

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post

I do like the black Sierra. Seriously considering purchasing one just like it but in a metallic color.

I also like the GMC grille over the Chevy.
                            Nice work as usual.
                            Is it the same black Sierra that you saved the interior not so long ago ?

I did a metallic black 2009 Sierra 2500HD a few weeks ago. It looked real rood in the sun.

I too like the Sierra grille better than the Silverado, but the Avalanche is still my #1. I did a white 2010 one last night.

Comment

Originally posted by PursuitSE View Post
                              Nice work as usual.
                              Is it the same black Sierra that you saved the interior not so long ago ?

I did a metallic black 2009 Sierra 2500HD a few weeks ago. It looked real rood in the sun.

I too like the Sierra grille better than the Silverado, but the Avalanche is still my #1. I did a white 2010 one last night.
                              Thanks,

Yes, same truck.
                              Nick
                              815-954-0773

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');