• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very puzzled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very puzzled

I have a 2010 white tahoe that is 2 months old. I wash the truck religously everyweek and spot detail during the week in between washes. however on friday i noticed behind the right rear tire that I had many brown spots/stains. Ive since then washed, used body scrubbed, used scratch x, and used bug and tar remover. nothing has budged it. Nothing has even lightend it up. I really dont know what to do. I dont think using the clay bar would do anything. I mean the truck is brand new, the paint is perfect. One thing I do find weird is that when I run my fingers over the spots I dont even feel a raise on the paint as if there is something on it. I am really very puzzled. PLEASE let know if you have any ideas for me. Thanks in advance!

Re: Very puzzled

Hey, welcome to MOL

It might be paint over spray or maybe oil or something, don't rule out claying yet. If it is over spray, clay should get rid of it.
    BTW, do have any pictures of it ?

Comment

If you said that nothing you used budged it then, I'm suspecting that it may be some rail dust. They are found on almost any car out there due to transportation from factory to the dearlership lot (small particles of metal that become embedded into the paint then they rust)
      I know Meg's blue Mild Clay will take them out with alittle effort on your part. I had them all over the lower half of my silver Saturn and the Meg's blue clay got rid of them!
      For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

thanks for your advice.I guess I will try the clay bar. Do you think I can use the normal clay kit or should I use the mild clay. Btw I am trying to upload a picture but I am havin a problem but ill keep trying!

Comment

Originally posted by MLS10 View Post
          thanks for your advice.I guess I will try the clay bar. Do you think I can use the normal clay kit or should I use the mild clay. Btw I am trying to upload a picture but I am havin a problem but ill keep trying!

The 'normal' clay will be fine. How big are the spots? A picture would definitely help.

Colin
          A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

You will be fine with the smooth surface clay kit. It really does sound like rail dust. You just helped the dust bloom by washing it. After claying remember to wax it.

It would be a good thing to clay the whole vehicle. You will be amazed at the difference.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

So today I washed the truck and when I was done with everything I broke out the clay bar. Well guess what,,,,It didnt do a damn thing!!! I went at it for 20min to a half hour and nothing. The only thing I can fiqure is that maybe the smooth clay isnt enough and maybe I need to get the blue clay(med). I f anybody has any ideas or any info please let me know. Thanks!!

Comment

This photo came from the thread below. This was a white '07 Tacoma. Perhaps it's something in the fuel. The OP of the other thread was unable to resolve the issue.

Is your tailpipe on the right rear?

Comment

Is there any way you can post a picture or two? It would help us tremendously. Since the claying did not do it.
                  Thanks
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');