• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

When you go to buy any name, create an account at GoDaddy and then register through Instant Domain Search by doing this you can purchase a .com domain name for $7.49 and this includes a little extra secret feature.

Good, affordable web-hosting for simple sites...

DayanaHost.com

DayanaHost offers a full featured inexpensive hosting plan for $12.99 if you purchase 3 years of service up front. $14.99 for just a single year plan.

$7.49 + $12.99 = $20.48

Of course, buying a domain name and a hosting plan is the easy part, creating a website is for most people the hard part but it's really not that hard to teach yourself the basics of html coding and build a simple site yourself or purchase a template or even get a free template and modify it and just get something live on the Internet and "just do it".

For a simple detailing website you don't need to go fancy, just keep it simple.

Don't forget to read these three articles before spending any money on business cards, legal forms, web hosting, or domain names...

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name

Tips for choosing a name for your detailing business

Do you want to have a career in the car industry?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: How to put up a website for about $20.00 a year

Thanks Mike! Another great resource!

Comment

Been using DayanaHost for years now and always great service. This is just for simple sites but they can handle more complex sites but since I've never used them for that I don't have any personal recommendation.

Over the years I've seen so many people spend a ton of money just trying to get a simple site up so the above are two good resources.

The hard part of course is building the site but I'll leave that up to each person to figure out... I know basic html and how to work with pictures and for anything more complex that's when it's time to get out the wallet.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great articles, Mike. It all makes sense. Definitely a primer for those of us thinking of opening your own business.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');