• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hazy, dull finish on clearcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hazy, dull finish on clearcoat

I am trying to figure out what I could do to remove the dazy, dull look on my clearcoat on a non-garaged, daily driver, '04 Yellow Corvette. I don't really have any paint scratches but it just seems like there are many different sized overlapping circles on the paint making the finish look dull.

A couple of months ago I tried the Deep Crystal Paint Clay/Cleaner/Polisher/Wax. After I was done using the product I thought the problem was fixed because the dull, hazy look was no longer there. But as the wax wore off, it was evident that the problem was still there and the product only masked it.

Any ideas what else could I try? I am considering trying the Ultimate Compound.

Re: hazy, dull finish on clearcoat

Sorry, but I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. Please delete. Thanks.

Comment

Re: hazy, dull finish on clearcoat

I have had maybe a similar condition on part of my 02 Saturn. The trunk and spoiler looked cloudy. I tried my G110 and Color X, then UC with very little improvement. I was fearing clear coat failure. Today I used M105 and my G110 with a maroon cutting pad. WOW the finish looks like diamond coated extremely high gloss!
      Barry

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');