• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Product is Harmful to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Product is Harmful to.....

Detailer Spray Bottle Nozzels.

I beleive I came across a post where Nozzel heads were blowing out due to the solution that was allowed to be left in there after use. Some had mentioned using some water to pump out the solution.

I recently got my jugs of....

APC
    APC+
    Hyper Dressing
    Wheel Brightener
    Super Degreaser

Which of these have issues, Also any other solvent that Megs makes.

Re: Which Product is Harmful to.....

There are two types of spray heads (at least two). Some are made for more caustic materials...I guess if you used a 'lesser' spray head with the more caustic materials there could be a problem...but with the right spray head..should be no issue

Comment

Wheel Brightener at 4:1 is the only one you'll have problems with. I've got all the ones you listed and have never cleaned out the sprayers with the exception of WB 4:1.

After using WB, I'll pull the sprayer, put the nozzle in the bottle I just pulled it from, and spray the rest back into the bottle. I then put the sprayer in my wash bucket and spray water through it. I'll remove the sprayer from the water and spray it until the water clears. Then I put it back in the WB bottle and store. All this takes about 15 seconds.

Colin
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
        Wheel Brightener at 4:1 is the only one you'll have problems with. I've got all the ones you listed and have never cleaned out the sprayers with the exception of WB 4:1.

After using WB, I'll pull the sprayer, put the nozzle in the bottle I just pulled it from, and spray the rest back into the bottle. I then put the sprayer in my wash bucket and spray water through it. I'll remove the sprayer from the water and spray it until the water clears. Then I put it back in the WB bottle and store. All this takes about 15 seconds.

Colin
        +1

I neglected to do this just once and the sprayer was done. No issues with the other and I never clean them out.

Comment

Ok, that sounds better. Sometimes you worry, you know lol.

Comment

Even if you use a chemical resistant sprayer, I would still rinse it clean after using.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wheel Brightener will eat up your chemical resistant sprayer FAST. The best way to prolong the life of your sprayer (using WB) is to rinse it out every use.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');