• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much needed advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much needed advice

My mom recently bought me a new car to help me commute to school and while i was out the black car next to me decided to leave me a parting gift. The scratch is nothing big probably only the length of a pinky nail but since my car is white its an eye sore. I can definitly feel a scratch with my nail but its also brown in color so I guess its also a very stubborn scuff mark. I was thinking of using the scratch x but wasnt sure if its proper for this kind of thing since this is my first car plus i lack basic knowledge of how to keep a car looking good. Any advice regarding how I can get rid of this or hide it is much appreciated.

I was also confused as to how to maintain a cars appearance, should i use clay, compound, polish, and then wax or can i leave one out since my cars brand new? Thanks in advance.

Re: Much needed advice

Hello and Welcome to MOL

Do you happen to have any pictures of the mark or scratch?

A mild polish should get rid of it ifs its a scuff.

Here's a good way to keep your car looking good

1) Wash - Gold class car wash
    2) Clean and Prep - Smooth surface Clay kit
    3) Clean/Polish - Swirl X , Ultimate compound etc etc
    4) Wax/Protect - Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax
    5) Maintain - Ultimate Quick Detailer, Ultimate quick wax

Heres a thread about the 5 step paint cycle , click Here

Comment

You probably wont need a compound for a new car, something like swirl X should do

Comment

Thanks I'll try that and Ill see if I can;t post some before and after shots

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');