• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#80 + NXT Tech Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,

Acid rain is usually caused from rain that has a high concentration of H2SO4 (Sulpheric Acid). ( SO2 mixes with with water vapour (H2O) in the air = H2SO4) When the water evaporates due to the sun's magnifying effect, the concentration of acid increases, etching into the paint.

Pinholes are usually caused from improper body work. Here is a link that may be similar to what you are seeing:

Otherwise, I have not ran into any chemical overspray that was so strong to create pinholes.

Any photos???

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Tim, thanks. Maybe I shouldn't describe it as pin-hole. However, the paint surface has thousands of tiny holes on the clearcoat level - not all the way to the basecoat. I haven't got the chance to take a good photo of it, perhaps this coming weekend. Perhaps some really strong (concentrated) chemical landed onto my car and dried up under the sun. That's the worst damage I could imagine...sob sob
      zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Hey,

Rather than assume the worse, let's take a look at some photos first! It is difficult to judge a problem over the internet. But if you are able to take some photos, that would greatly help!!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by zey
          Scrub, your formula is excellent! However, I need to add-in one more item into your formula, therefore it yields:

Low RPM + Polish pad + Not too aggressive product + Light to almost no pressure + Watch How to Remove Paint Defects Video several times =

I don't think it's easy to buff through the clearcoat if you follow the steps properly. Last time when I was a newbie, I tried to use a polishing cloth and Autoglym Paint Renovator to remove a bird lime etch mark, and guess what? It buffed through the clearcoat due to the concentrated pressure and excessive abrasive product being used.

I will be sending my car to a Meguiar's detailing center coming weekend for paint correction due to industrial fallout/ chemical etching. After that I will take a photo of it...
          Your correct about the video. Got it and love it.

Comment

Tim, now I've recalled. Another possibility which causes the clearcoat failure might be due to insecticide overspray. What do you think?

Comment

Tim, I found this photo in Autopia and feel that my clearcoat has similar defect as what you can see over here. However, mine is more densed and evenly distributed.

Last edited by zey; Apr 18, 2005, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Yesterday I spend 8 hours at the detailing center trying to restore the paintwork. Most of the pits and blisters are removed. Below shows the scope of work being done:

1) Hyper Wash
                2) #85 Diamond Cut 2.0 with W-7000 (2-3 passes)
                3) #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with W-8000 (1 pass)
                4) Hyper Wash
                5) #80 Speed Glaze with W-9000 (1 pass)
                6) NXT Tech Wax (1 layer)

Some spots are lightly wet-sanded with 2500 Unigrit sand paper, and the gloss is restored by either #85 or Cut & Finish.

Overall I'm very satisfied with their work.

Comment

We appreciate your dedication in your pursuit of perfection!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

4 passes of #83 with W-8006 @ 1500rpm on the left side.

My little collection.

Comment

Hey Zeytee,

Is that your practice target?

Nice shine on the toilet bowl....

Comment

meximum, oh yeah! I managed to crank it up to 1500rpm for the first time! #80 is unable to remove the haze on the plastic but #83 works like a miracle! To further remove deep scratches, the only way is to do wet-sanding. Perhaps that's the last thing I wanna learn in future.

Comment

Hey,

You polished the toilet lid?????

I am not sure what is worse, the fact that you polished the toilet lid or that now I am thinking about polishing mine as well!!!

Tim

Comment

Washed and applied #16 Professional Paste Wax on the roof, bonnet and C-pillars.

Very deep gloss, could see the depthness of the reflection especially the clouds

Still alot of orange peel problem after #85 Diamond Cut 2.0 compounding

Comment

Awesome roof reflections there
                              Last edited by sherwin; May 11, 2005, 07:18 AM.

Comment

As usual, I'll take a photo, post up the pic when I get new stuffs. Today, I finally got myself a gallon of Hyper Dressing. I'm now waiting for the Hyper Dressing dispenser bottle to arrive next week and I shall start off with 3:1 ratio first. If it's too thick, I'll add more water, if it's too thin, I'll add more product. So versatile!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');