• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailer Line Wheel Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailer Line Wheel Cleaner

How about something in the Detailer Line, that can be purchased in gallons that is safe on 'All Wheels'. Wheel Brightner is great but not on all wheels.

Need something for the sensitive wheels too!

Re: Detailer Line Wheel Cleaner

Need some Multi-Piece in bulk.....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

How about one that is pH balanced, I find that so many people get freaked out when you talk about using something acidic on their rims .

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. I am all for it.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

+1. Still looking for something that can be safe on all wheels (pH neutral) and effective at removing crud and brake dust. Something like Sonax Full Effect would be nice.
          Learning new things everyday

Comment

Guess I didn't do much (any) research before buying a gallon of WB.

Any rule of thumb on what wheels it's safe on?

Most of my cars have open 5-spoke rims making them relatively easy to clean.

Comment

Just use APC on tires and wheels. APC+ will work as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post

Clear coated, factory painted and chrome wheels

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post

I hear that. A couple of years ago. I was going to get a gal. of the wb. But When I saw the cautions, I decided against it.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

When rating the pH level of a concentrated product, it is rated relative to the volume of water that is to be used with that product. Why not just add more water to Wheel Brightener if you want a higher (more balanced) pH level?

Having premixed solutions kind of defeats the purpose of having pro products. We want to save, by adding our own water and have the flexibility of mixing the concentrations to meet our needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
                      When rating the pH level of a concentrated product, it is rated relative to the volume of water that is to be used with that product. Why not just add more water to Wheel Brightener if you want a higher (more balanced) pH level?

Having premixed solutions kind of defeats the purpose of having pro products. We want to save, by adding our own water and have the flexibility of mixing the concentrations to meet our needs.

O, I didn't know you could bring the pH closer too neutral by adding water, and I'm the one who took chem in grade 11 and 12 I guess I should've paid attention in school

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post

This is how I mix things up as well.

Two dilutions.

4:1
                        8:1
                        BobbyG

Comment

This is the wheel cleaner I use.

Before

After

Comment

Working...