• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What wax has fillers in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wax has fillers in it?

i am going to a car show tomorrow an i need to get rid of some very light swirls quick, i was wondering what kinda of meguiars wax would fill some of the swirls??

i realize that in order to completely remove the swirls i would need a buffer and something with some cut to it, but i just need something kinda quick.

Re: What wax has fillers in it?

Nxt 2.0 would probably hide the most.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Nxt 2.0 would probably hide the most.
      I would have thought Gold Class Carnauba PLUS. The PLUS part being polishing oils, which fill.

Comment

I'd go with NXT2.0 and a coat of GC+ for the win.

Comment

NXT Tech wax 2.0 filled some light swirls on my car, but I been told by a reputable person on here that it doesn't have any fillers. Maybe a pure polish topped with gold glass carnuaba plus. Good Luck in the show What car are you entering?

Comment

Well, #7 followed by Nxt 2.0 would probably get the best of both worlds...
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

NXT 2.0 definitely has some fillers in it. In fact it says on ADS that "Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax Paste visually eliminate fine swirls, protects against UV damage, and leave your finish “amped up” – with a deep, wet-look shine that is unbelievably intense."
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698
              Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Mike Phillips has a really great thread about this some where. Basically any wax or sealant (or anything that remains on the paint after wipe off) is going to fill to some degree. It's just part of it doing it's job.

If the question is which Meguiar's wax has the most filling I have found that M66 from the Mirror Glaze line and NXT from the consumer line seem to do the best in terms of hiding defects (which is a good property in a LSP).
                Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
                  Mike Phillips has a really great thread about this some where. Basically any wax or sealant (or anything that remains on the paint after wipe off) is going to fill to some degree. It's just part of it doing it's job.

If the question is which Meguiar's wax has the most filling I have found that M66 from the Mirror Glaze line and NXT from the consumer line seem to do the best in terms of hiding defects (which is a good property in a LSP).
                  Interesting.

Never noticed anything special with M66 in regards to filling.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I would also say that A12 Cleaner/Wax does a great job of hiding swirls.
                    Tedrow's Detailing
                    845-642-1698
                    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');