• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working paint cleaners and polishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working paint cleaners and polishes

Using G110v2 to work paint cleaners and polishes, how do you that you worked them "enough" that there are not benefits of working any farther? Does anyone have an pictures of what it looks like? Thanks!

Re: Working paint cleaners and polishes

It depends on the paint cleaners yo are talking about.

If you are using DAT cleaners or cleaner/polishes (M85, M84, M83, M82, M80, M09) then you need to work the product until there is only a light film on the surface. Once you see this then you know you have worked the abrsavies completely and the product has been used to it's fullest.

If you are using SMAT cleaners or cleaner/polishes (M105, M205, Ultimate Compound, Swirlx, ScratchX 2.0) then you can work the product as long as you need to BEFORE the product dries out. This means you can work the product for 5 seconds or 5 minutes if the product does not dry out. M205 for example can be worked for extended periods of time without an issue. On a 90 degree (Farenheit day, in the sun, I made 8-10 passes on a section with M205 and I could have worked it longer. This product has an insanely long buffinh cycle. The good thing is that I could vary the time I spent on each section according to need. If one section needed more time because the swirls were a little more stubborn then I went ahead and buffed longer. If one section only needed a pass or two then that's all I gave it. There is much more user control with the SMAT products versus the DAT products. In general, work a SMAT product for as long as you need to BEFORE it dries. You never want to dry buff and that is the same for DAT products.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
      Using G110v2 to work paint cleaners and polishes, how do you that you worked them "enough" that there are not benefits of working any farther? Does anyone have an pictures of what it looks like? Thanks!
      Hope this helps.

Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Thanks, guys! I will be using SwirlX (SMAT) & M07. With SwirlX, I can work it before it dries out. With M07, I can work it until it gets translucent.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');