• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate Your Skill Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rate Your Skill Level

Since starting here I was a strong H.S. Graduate. I decided to skip my BA/BS and go for the MBA. Once I feel good there. I will be buying the needed items for wetsanding. Tons of good info in the class section.

Comment

I have learned so much from the great TNOG and Saturday events here. I feel so lucky to live in the area and be able to take advantage of what you here at Meguiar's make available to the enthusiast. The D/A buffer works for me and I feel very comfortable using it. The process of doing the job is what I have learned from you. I was one of those guys that just wax my car 4 times a year. I now do the 4 step process 1 a year and then just maintain it. It saves me time and the results are superb. A quality product that is easy to use and great help received from the people that work at Meguiar's is something not found often in today's market. I run a car club and I get such a kick out of showing up after doing my car which is silver and pulling into the event and parking right next to another silver car that uses a pro to detail their car with a different product that is way expensive, only to have them start a comparison between the two cars. The other person immediately opens their trunk and breaks out a micro fiber towel and their quick detailer and start wiping their car. Questions are then asked, who details my car and what expensive product do they use. When they find out I do it myself and the product I use, I first get that look of disbelief and then the questions of can I help them get the same look. I have converted so many people. Thank you again for all the wonderful help, you are awesome!
      BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

oh man i havent even graduated high school
        -,-
        98 silvermist grand prix gtp

Comment

I would have to say MBA
          When Your Appearance Means Everything

Comment

I said BA, but feel I'm really a few credits short since I've never yet done an engine detail...
            2013 Highlander - black
            2010 TL - black

Comment

Ba

Comment

I started washing cars at a a vw dealer in 1958 when I was in the 9th grade after school. Since I was a total car nut, and wanted to buff my 1948 chevy convertible, the guys in the body shop started showing me how to buff out cars. Before long I was buffing and detailing used cars for the dealership. They furnished me a big heavy rotary, wool pads, some coarse compound, some fine compound and corn starch. From there I worked into the body shop and was painting cars before I graduated from high school.

I always used a rotary but bought a PCXP when they first came out. I was used to a rotary so never used the PC and forgot I had it until this summer when I stumbled onto a detailing forum. I must say that after using it and a shurhold that I bought ( I didn't even know Meguiar's made one then ) I really like them and am looking forward to getting the new DA microfibre system when it is finally released.

I wouldn't dare rate myself since at 67 I'm still learning. I always remember what my dad used to tell me when I thought I new it all.
                Son, when you know it all, your as good as you are ever going to get.
                Ron

Comment

Guilty still in high school but wanting to take the step in to DA polishing glory.

Comment

I placed myself as MBA because I use D/A and rotary while my wet sanding is limited to spot corrections by hand. With that said, I'm not comfortable saying I'm proficient with the rotary. I still prefer to fine tune the finish with my Flex vs trying to do it with the Makita.

Comment

Have owned a lot of fast toys over the years. I always put the priority on making things go fast first then making them look good second . As I have grown older my priorities are starting to change!!
                      I would say a BA.

Comment

Why is there no "Kindergarten" option? I haven't even polish by hand. My paint is currently curing. New to cars and detailing. 100% Pre-Chool Noob.

Comment

I actually started the other way around. I learned how to use the rotary first, thanks to some help from the local Meguiar's traning facility. And I've watched tons of instructional videos on rotary and DA polishing. Now that my DA is here, I think I will have quite an easier time to adapt and master this machine.
                          Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

WBA...

Although, if anyone remembers, I won the monthly giveaway at MOL and my G100 and I have bonded pretty good....just not that good...
                            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Detailing for over 15 years I consider my self a master. But ther is always new tricks to learn.

Comment

I'm pretty darned proficient with the D/A and have dabbled in some wet sanding. I'm not bad with 3000 grit but I would really like to learn to use a rotary and more importantly becoming proficient in wet sanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');