• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate Your Skill Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a complete Newbie but I think I've picked up the D/A rather quickly thanks to this site! I've gotten some amazing results that the boss has really been impressed with.

Comment

Re: Rate Your Skill Level

The more I learn, the more I realize what I don’t know. Then at some point, I hope to have learned enough to realize, that I know nothing at all
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

intermedite..im great but im no expert.

Comment

BA i might buy a rotary in the near future

Comment

been a high school grad for nearly 10 years here.

Comment

For exterior I am a Jr high student. For interiors, I probably have 2 Ph.D's.

Just bought my first da, but have been doing mainly interiors for 6 years, and have seen it all.

Comment

I would say I'm about a person going into there senior year and still learning on detailing. I've learn a lot over the years. I've been detailing since the 90's. I would watch my father clean my mothers vehicle and his on the weekends when I was little. So over the years I've been keeping my cars that I had cleaned and to this day still doing it. But now detailing others admit grew into a contract business.

Comment

I would say I'm in between High School Grad and BA. I am quite proficient with using my hands to correct paint time is basically my only constraint. Although I have experience with orbital polishers which I feel is very similar in feel to DA Polishers but with a lot less power and with limited compatibility with different cutting/polishing/finishing pads.

As for interiors, I've also been doing them for a long time but nothing too intensive. For that, maybe I'm a long time high school grad.

Comment

I used to be ok. I was proficient, but this was back in the late 90's! I had a rotary buffer, and a 6" orbital waxer. I remember using #2, #9, #7, and #26. Getting back into it, with a d.a. has been so much fun. In a lot of ways I feel like I'm starting back in kindergarten! However, I'm absolutely loving being back behind the polisher. The new tools, chemicals and pads have proven to be a real advancement on the art. I love the new smat chemicals. They had been something I was longing for in the old days. We'll see. I've been caring for my neighbors cars the past couple of years by hand with "not as ideal" tools. Now that I'm in the game again, we'll see how long before I develop any proficiency!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');