• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound and Waxing after repaint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound and Waxing after repaint.

I got my rear bumper repainted as someone hit me in a parking lot. Its been repainted 2 weeks ago and i'm planing to Ultimate Compound the car plus the NXT 2.0 wax right after. I'm reading that its best if you wait until you wax. I'm not sure if i should wait to Ultimate Compound it or if i should even do it because it is fresh paint. I'm not sure if I should skip that bumper because I don't want the paint to get damaged. Any thoughts?

Re: Ultimate Compound and Waxing after repaint.

Welcome to mol.

I would skip the bumper for now. The paint has to out gas. Try waiting a minimum of 30 to 45 days for the paint to completely out gas. By all means wash it. If you have a polish apply that until you can wax the bumper.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

You can SwirlX/UC it if they put some swirls in it, otherwise may as well avoid it.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm not sure about NXT, but there are protection products(wax) out there specifically designed to seal fresh paint w/o any problems. I know some people like to argue that it can't be done,,,,but it can be and does.
        South Florida & Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Comment

I had to get my door on my truck re-painted last October and the body shop said wait 90 days before you u wax or do anything to it. Also said do not take it through any kind of automatic carwash and is ok to hand wash.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');