• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a good one!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a good one!?!

A guy I work with came up to me. You have anything that will get a BQQ grille smell out of my car? I said what? He was tail gating at the Bill's & Steelers game and when he finished with his grille he put in the back seat of his car thinking the flame was out. Well I guess it wasn't because the whole inside of the car is covered in ash. and smells like hamburgers and hotdogs. though it covers up that leather smell from the seats real well. I know the floor mats and floor are going to need a real good cleaning. What can I use in the leather and head liner to get the smell out. I have Megs odor elim. but am afraid to use it on leather for it might stain. I already gave him some odor elim. to spray on the floor and headliner to get rid of some of the smell but no luck. Still strong enoug to give you a headache sitting in there to long. I'm thinking of using APC+ as a spotter and my hoover carpet extractor on the floor, along with maybe some foaming cleaner or foaming window cleaner on a towel rubbed into the head liner to clean that. Also Megs leather cleaner and conditioner for the leather.

Anyone have anyother ideas?
    Please

Chubs

Dear Chubs

it sounds like you are in a messy situation. I would definatley go after it with a carpet extractor, heated would be prefferable. I would try to extract the headliner with your carpet machine and work your way down. I use hot soft water from my water heater to rinse the uphosltery real well. Then I use my Craftsman shopvac to really remove all the grime and water after the innitial extraction. I like to use dry slurry carpet cleaner wich is a low foaming super cleaner that works well with my extractor. You can purchase this from your local carpet cleaner or janitorial supply center by the pound, and is a blue color.As far as the leather goes you will probably have to use a APC then some good Meguirs leather conditioner. I am giving you tips to a serious interior problem and would start less aggresive and work your way up.
    BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!
    jeff
    JB's Executive Detailing "Protecting your investment"

Comment

First give it a through cleaning and try the odor eliminator. You might notice that the smell lingers and comes from the air vents (at least if it's a newer vehicle). You'll need to change the cabin air filter as it will be an accumulator of the smell in most cases.

If giving it a thorough interior cleaning doesn't make it go away completely you'll probably have to resort to an ozone shock treatment. Ozone generators are available for ~$200 online and running it in the vehicle for an hour or so would hopefully get rid of the rest.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Mmm, where can I get one of those BBQ air fresheners?

Roll down the windows and lightly sprinkle some baking soda. Don't let the baking soda sit too long or you'll have yet another stuck-to-the-carpet-unless-you-use-an-extractor mess to clean up.
        FL

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');