• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Worth buying G1900k (Headlight Restoration Kit) if I own DA and PlastX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Worth buying G1900k (Headlight Restoration Kit) if I own DA and PlastX?

I tried PlastX by hand and was a little disappointed in the results. Should I try the DA with a Polishing Pad using PlastX? My 7" pads will fit on the headlights. Or should I buy a Headlight Restoration Kit? Basically I would be buying it for the drill attachment pad (which looks like wool).

I read the other posts. I don't think my headlights require wet sanding yet.

Re: Is it Worth buying G1900k (Headlight Restoration Kit) if I own DA and PlastX?

If you have PlastX and your headlights will accommodate the 7" pads; go ahead and give it a try. I tried PlastX by hand and was not satisfied. My headlights have the alignment protrusions that prevented me from using the 7" pad, so I got the 3M kit that attaches to a drill. It came with different grits of sand paper and a foam pad. I was very pleased with the results.

Comment

Re: Is it Worth buying G1900k (Headlight Restoration Kit) if I own DA and PlastX?

The drill attachment in the kit is wool. But certainly you can try the DA and polishing pad first. Tape off the painted area surrounding the headlight cowl before polishing (just a precaution, but no need to take chances)

Comment

Try a test. Use the d/a and the pads. if it works great. If not go and buy the kit.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');