• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QD or UQD on top of Gold Class Carnauba+ Liquid??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QD or UQD on top of Gold Class Carnauba+ Liquid??

Hi all,

I have been using Gold Class Carnauba+ Liquid on my 2010 Tacoma (Magnetic Grey Metallic). Love the results. Have been wanting to pick up one of the quick detailers like the original QD or the UQD. I was going to pick up the UQD since it was the latest and greatest I assumed, but is there a reason I would be better off using the original with the GCC+ wax?

TIA,
    Eric

Re: QD or UQD on top of Gold Class Carnauba+ Liquid??

For me, I would go with the uqd. I like the hydrophobic properties it has.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I stay away from UQD myself and use the original QD as it seems (in my experiences only) to cause lint to be left behind on the surface no matter whose microfiber towels I use.

Comment

I have used numorous quick detailer products with Gold Class & #26. Never had a problem.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

UQD all the way! I use it daily....sometimes just the hood and top and sometimes the whole car....quick removal of bird doo doo and bugs too.
            Barry

Comment

I really like the look, smell and, especially, feel of Last Touch. I am not sure if I should be using it as a QD or not, but I do. I usually go with 100% for the first couple of times after a detail then drop to 1:1 dilution once the car starts getting dirty / bugs / rain. I do use UQD sometimes too and I like it.
              "The Dude Abides"

Comment

Thanks again! I went down to my local Wal-Mart which was in it's normal state of late weekend bareshelfedness and they had 2 bottles of UQD left but none of the original. So I took it as a sign and picked up UQD.

I'll use it tomorrow probably so just to be clear... I don't want to get UQD on my windows, headlights, or plastic or rubber trim correct??

Thanks for the help!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by speedythecat View Post
                  I'll use it tomorrow probably so just to be clear... I don't want to get UQD on my windows, headlights, or plastic or rubber trim correct??

Thanks for the help!

Eric
                  There's no problem with using UQD on any of those items which you mentioned. In fact, I use UQD to clean those items along with the rest of the paint. (I'm more of a LT fan lately though)...
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Wow really? I had read you could use UQW on trim but can't find where it said you can or can't with the UQD.. Not on the bottle or the forum?

Just didn't want to find out the hard way. LOL

Comment

I don't think you'll find it written anywhere but I and others have used it on trim with no problems.

Certainly glass, headlights, tail lights etc will be no issue.
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Sounds good I'm anxious to try it out but it's 97F here today for a high temp. LOL Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');