• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New Zealand

Hi there from Christchurch, New Zealand. Just would like to say I've been enjoying reading your forums the last couple of weeks since changing my car a couple of weeks ago.

It's 'only' a daily driver, but in 18 years of owning cars, I've never had one quite as 'near new' as it, so the TLC has been bordering on near obsession so far..

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Hello and welcome to mol.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Did you suffer any damages in the recent earth quake?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A View Post
        Did you suffer any damages in the recent earth quake?
        Funnily enough, very little. Our roadside fence fell down, our pool lost about a foot of water and we had DVD/kitchen shelves to tidy up, but that was about it. A lot of people not so lucky. The CBD has been declared an emergency zone and closed off. The rural township where the quake was supposed to be centred (30 min or so from the residential edges of Christchurch) looks to be a complete mess.

Comment

Welcome!!

Man- I have GOT to see New Zealand.

Long term goal? Head over THERE to my coastal trailer once Winter hits over HERE.
          Short term goal? Get enough money together for the trip, then the land, then the trailer. Whaddya think?!

I see there is a Meguiar's New Zealand site, but no forum?
          Kevin Brown
          NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

I hear that NZ is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Comment

Hi Kiwiatlarge, glad to hear you came through the earthquake without too much bother. It sounds like you guys took a beating with the wind and rain as well.

Meguairs NZ has/is associated with a Forum in NZ http://www.lovemycarnz.co.nz/forum but it's just new so it could do with a bit of help to get the post count up if anyone is keen to jump on board...

Comment

Hi Kiwi and welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you came out of the earthquake largely unscathed. I saw some photos online of the damage, including several where cars had been damaged by collapsing walls or falling debris. No wax on earth helps in these cases.

Comment

Cheers.. Unfortunately I got my first non-quake damage today... 2 stone chips in the bonnet, neatly spaced apart like a vampire bite

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');