• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing my routine have some ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing my routine have some ?'s

whats going on guys? well i came across this forum because im trying to decide what the best products of meguiars suits me personally. ive used nothing but meguairs and im beginning to become more meticulous about how i detail my car. usually i wash her (clay bar it if i have to) and use nxt 2.0. ive never used a pure polish before and i am trying to achieve the best deep shine i can possible without buffering. i was thinking about using the showcar glaze polish before the nxt. would that work? or should i use the carnuba wax? im open to all opinions.

my second question is i just bought my new car in april got it right off the truck and the dealer washed it and what not before i could tell them not to touch it. so i have light swirl marks all over it. what would be the best product for this? i plan on covering the whole car with it. i found a tube of scratchX in my garage but i dont know if that would be too harsh to use for the whole car. my car is white btw. thanks in advance

Re: changing my routine have some ?'s

A good basic detail is:

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. ColorX
    4. Wax - Nxt

Now, as far as swirls removal, that can be tougher. How bad are they? What kind of car is it?

You would want to do a test spot with the ScratchX, see how it goes. But it is possible you would want Ultimate Compound, esp for a whole car, but just have to see. Any chance of pics?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      A good basic detail is:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. ColorX
      4. Wax - Nxt

Now, as far as swirls removal, that can be tougher. How bad are they? What kind of car is it?

You would want to do a test spot with the ScratchX, see how it goes. But it is possible you would want Ultimate Compound, esp for a whole car, but just have to see. Any chance of pics?
      i tried to see where i can upload a pic but it says im not authorized to do so. but its a summit white 2010 camaro ss the swirl marks dont seem to be bad at all. its almost like half-swirl marks throughout the body, especially on the hood, sometimes its hard to tell bc of the light color. you can only see it if light is beaming down on it and at a certian angle

Comment

Well, you can pick a test spot, and try the ScratchX. Although if it is ScratchX 1.0, it may not be worth the effort. Something like SwirlX or UC would be more like it.

As for pics, you would want to go to your photo album and upload there. then insert the link.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          Well, you can pick a test spot, and try the ScratchX. Although if it is ScratchX 1.0, it may not be worth the effort. Something like SwirlX or UC would be more like it.

As for pics, you would want to go to your photo album and upload there. then insert the link.
          Any grocery store parking lot can be a test spot.

I don't worry about swirls much since they come and go. Deep scratches, however, make me yawn and get out of bed in the morning.

I've got my daily driver on a schedule of Ultimate Compound (spot treatment) and Cleaner Wax that seems to be working pretty good.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');