• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DC Step System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DC Step System

Meguiars has long-been a beginner's go-to because the DC step system is so easy to understand. Just buy 3 bottles and you're ready to begin enthousiast detailing.

But times changed and the 3 step system became redundant, most notably because the system was missing a clay kit and pure polishes are increasingly becoming used by die-hards only.

So my suggestion is why not introduce a new DC step system with the following;

- a clay bar kit;
    - a cleaner/polish; and
    - a pure liquid wax.

The important thing is to get a step number on the labels so people are not lost.

This sort of kit would surely take off and would make it far easier for us all to recommend a good starting point for beginners. It could also be a favourite amongst advanced enthousiasts if done properly.

Re: New DC Step System

I actually like the Meguiar's 3 step system, Its what got me hooked to meguiars, don't know why they discontinued it in the states. I would make it a four step system of

DC 1 smooth surface Clay kit
    DC 2 Paint cleaner
    DC 3 Polish
    DC 4 Carnauba Wax

Comment

For someone who is a beginner in car detailing,
      he/she will be scared off by:
      1. a paint compound that is abrassive
      2. too many steps of work

I am no expert in marketing, but from a beginner's point of view, I guess 3 steps is the max.

Clay -> Paint Cleaner Polish -> Wax

one piece of clay,
      a bottle of sample size Quik Detailer (enough for clay lub for a full size sedan?) 8oz?
      a bottle of sample size Cleaner Polish 4oz?
      a bottle of sample size NXT2.0 liquid 4oz?
      with one yellow foam pad one purple foam pad,
      and a Supreme Shine MF towel,
      Kit sell for $25???
      Dennis
      Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

At least putting some basic numbers on current products would help.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

3 Step system is what got me started, but I also bought the clay to prep the whole thing before I started. Now I use
          clay
          swirl x
          paint prep
          pure polish
          carnuba wax
          To do it all takes a couple fo days work - but boy is it worth it to see my black A6 gleam.

Comment

I like Murr's idea. This is a step one product, step two, etc. Help out the newer people to car detailing. Of course this would be on the otc products.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');