• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vehicle

Greetings all, although I am new to this forum, I have used Meguiar's products in the past with
    great results. Recently, we purchased a new Suzuki Grand Vitara. My wife insisted on the Nu-Glopaint protection which is a polymer paint sealant. The sealant has been on now for about 6 weeks, and I find the surface of the vehicle is not smooth, as you would find with "wax", or deep shine appearance. Maybe I'm old school, but nothing is more satisfying than the wax.

My question:

Is it ok to use Meguiar's wax or detailing products on top of paint protection? Like
    Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax, and Ultimate Quick Detailer?? Suggestions or
    advise greatly appreciated......

Many thanks.........

Re: New Vehicle

Hello, Welcome to MOL

Your car sounds like it needs to be clayed, claying will make it as smooth as glass. It will remove the sealant but you can always reapply sealant, like
    Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
    Smooth Surface Clay Kit

Comment

1) Wash
      2) Clay
      3) Clean with a paint cleaner or cleaner/polish if you feel it necessary
      4) Polish (optional)
      5) Wax with your favorite wax
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Wash
        Clay
        ColorX
        Wax - Nxt

is always quick and easy.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is your system one were you have to keep going to the dealer, or is it one time and done? If it is one and done, by all means reclaim ownership of the paint. If it is a ongoing thing returning to the dealer the choice is all yours.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Here is my process:

1. Wash - two bucket method - NXT Carsh wash
            2. Clay - lubricated with good 'ol quick detailer - red bottle
            3. Scratch X / Swirl remover / Step 1 prep - Which ever is needed
            4. Polish - #7 or any pure polish that you like
            5. Wax - NXT wax
            6. One hour of direct sunlight then back in the garage
            7. After Paint is cool again - Ultimate Quick Detailer
            8. 24 hour wait period
            9. Wax - NXT wax
            10. Drive around block and enjoy everyones jaw's hitting the ground!!

Have Fun!!

P.S. Didn't include all the trim work but usually do it after step #5

Comment

Hey, GV10:

It sounds like the sealant was missapplied. It should be smooth. It's also possible that the underlying paint should have been clayed before the dealer applied the sealant. Either way, I'd take it back to the dealer.

BTW: If they tell you "it's supposed to be that way", get your money back!

Regards,

David

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advise and recommendations, this product was
                suppose to last 5 years.....we have a scheduled service appointment this Monday.....will mention this the dealer. In the mean time yesterday,
                I used my old faithful Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer and the finish is as smooth as a baby's .... If I dont get any satisfaction from the dealer will just go ahead and give it a good old Meguiars waxing. Guess somethings are not meant to be replaced.

Again many thanks
                GV10

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');