• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with maintaining car finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with maintaining car finish

Hi all,
    This is my 1st post here, been lurking in this forum for a while now and learning new things every time. Anyway, I just send my car for full detailing in our local Meguiar's detailer shop and I even bought a bottle of UQW & UQD along with 2 MF towels. It's been a few days after my car had been detail, it's been raining heavily too, right now my car is dirty and in need of wash.
    My questions are: (Sorry if it's already been asked, did a search, couldn't find answers to it)
    1. Can I use UQW after I wash? Cause, I watched the Meguiar's training video of UQW & UQD, and Barry Meguiar said not to put too much wax or apply wax on top of wax, so kinda confuse here.

2. Can I mix my MF towels or use the same towel when using UQW & UQD?

3. Can UQW & UQD be apply when the car(specially the hood) is hot after coming back from driving?

Re: Help with maintaining car finish

1. Yes
    2. I would use a different towel for each step.
    3. I tend to try to let it cool a bit. What I mean is, as soon as you prk, I would not qd it. Let the car cool down a bit then qd it.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

To shorten the cool down time, you can open the hood while you are gathering your supplies..

Comment

Originally posted by marichardson View Post
        To shorten the cool down time, you can open the hood while you are gathering your supplies..
        Quoted for truth! Lifting the hood up and letting the hot air out without having to pass through the metal really speeds things up a notch.

3. You can mist and wipe Ultimate Quik Detailer on a warm surface (like a warm hood). But the cooler the better. I wouldn't apply either product on a hot surface, like, if it was sitting in the sun or after just getting home from a 20+ minute drive. For the latter, I would wait at least 30 minutes after having the hood up. Then you're good to go.

2. Use different microfiber towels for different products. Don't be mixing (any) product together in the same towel. Use one (or two, or as many as you need) with Ultimate Quik Detailer and a separate towel/s for (when you apply) Ultimate Quik Wax.

1. It is a general consensus here on MOL that UQW is best applied after washing your car. While your car is clean, get it on to keep that wax lasting on your vehicle for longer.
        2003 Volkswagen Golf GL 2-Door (Manual) in Black / Beige
        2012 Volkswagen CC R-Line (Manual) in Deep Black Metallic / Black
        2013 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo Convertible w/ Sound in Reef Blue Metallic / Beige

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');