• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Holograms/Buffer Trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Holograms/Buffer Trails

My F150 that was previously a farm truck with some pretty bad scratches/swirls in which I used a 3M polish (M105 isnt available in my area) to remove, they came out quite well, and after using a milder polish left me with alot of buffer trails/holograms. I am wondering if I could use M205 as a final step or if I will have to do more work than that, the following picture obviously isnt my truck, but a pic I pulled off here to show similar mine is. Any suggestions on product or pad application would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Removing Holograms/Buffer Trails

Check the sticky at the top, Talking about Total Cut Very helpful in figuring out what you should be doing and how pad, chemical, weight, and other factors can effect results. Now you gotta try to get all that marring out of there.

Comment

Can you tell us more about how you applied the product, what tools, pads, etc you have to work with?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If holograms were caused by rotary buffer you need at least Ultimate Compound with DA on speed 4-5. SwirlX only corrects simple problems. I personally think that you don't need M105 but the best way to determine that is to try it on a small area first. M205 probably wouldn't be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
          If holograms were caused by rotary buffer you need at least Ultimate Compound with DA on speed 4-5. SwirlX only corrects simple problems. I personally think that you don't need M105 but the best way to determine that is to try it on a small area first. M205 probably wouldn't be enough.
          Not necessarily. Holograms are often times shallower (is it a word?) than swirls and M205 may be all you need to pull them out. As suggested, do a few test spots.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
            Not necessarily. Holograms are often times shallower (is it a word?) than swirls and M205 may be all you need to pull them out. As suggested, do a few test spots.

Hope so, Ill give it a shot, if it isnt enough should I step up to about #80?

Comment

Originally posted by rvx290 View Post
              Hope so, Ill give it a shot, if it isnt enough should I step up to about #80?

Omit that statement, I just read up on Total cut, then a thread on m205 vs m80 as I should have in the first place its amazing what I have just learned in the past 10 minutes could have saved me hours of correcting my buffer trails, oh well live and learn, at least its my own truck, and a work truck so its a good platform to practice on, Ill catch on slowly. I will do an update on how I removed my holograms when I get to it though.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');