• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubber & vinyl cleaner and protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber & vinyl cleaner and protectant

I am new to Meguiar's products and am confused by the proliferation of cleaning and protection products for interior and exterior vinyl and rubber.

There is Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner, Ultimate Protectant, Supreme Shine, Natural Shine, NXT Generation Tech Protect...and then the Professional line (in addition to the Mirror Glaze line).

Some seem to be cleaners only, some protectants only, and some are said to do both.

I have read the site product descriptions and many threads...and am still baffled by it all.

What works best on the black rubber around windshields, doors, etc.?

What works best on interior vinyl and plastic?

What works best on exterior plastic trim (above rear bumpers, etc.)?

Will one product work well on it all (clean and protect, interior and exterior)?

Thanks in advance for the help....

Re: Rubber & vinyl cleaner and protectant

#40 in the Professional Line is the one that will do the best cleaning and protecting.

Other than that, you can use something like APC to clean, and then use Ultimate Protectant if you want one dressing that will work inside and outside.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

OP, for cleaning the exterior rubber trim and plastic - give M39 a go, fantastic product (check my post to see my results).

After cleaning with M39 you can protect the exterior trim with M40. M39 is a heavy duty cleaner so I can't comment on it's use for interiors but I'm willing to bet that M40 will be great on the interiors.

Comment

Additional votes for #39 (HD cleaning), #40 (clean + protect) and Ultimate Protectent (protect).

For day-to-day clean up - I like the Quik Interior Detailer.

I use UP on exterior plastic trim (unpainted) and #40 on rubber seals, interior, and occasionally under the hood.

IMHO - UP works best on plastic surfaces where you can "work" it into the surface whereas #40 is easily sprayed or wiped onto just about any surface. UP (when properly applied) lasts longer than #40.
        Andy W.
        Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
        Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

#39, #40 for the interiors. IMHO can't beat this combo for interiors.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thank you all for the sound advice. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');