• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get on board with Boat Detailing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get on board with Boat Detailing.

Here's a link to an interesting Boat Detailing Article that was in Professional Carwash & Detailing Magazine. Very good information.

Summary of article:
    A natural extension of auto detailing, boat detailing offers few barriers to entry. For detailers living near waterways, boat detailing can be a natural extension of auto detailing, with few barriers to entry. Getting started can be relatively easy, but there are a number of considerations before taking on those first customers.
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Hi Frank,

That was a good article. I enjoyed the read and congrats on being interviewed Professional Carwash & Detailing Magazine.

I noticed when I clicked to the site, a pop-up add popped up for Hanna Car Wash Systems. Back in about 1988/1989 one of the owners of Hanna Car Wash Systems, (I think it was Frank Hanna?), offered me a job promoting their car wash systems on the car show circuit, I think World of Wheels. I turned him down because I was having to much fun showing people how to get good results using Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze products at the time. (Hanna Car Wash Systems is based out of Portland, Oregon which is where I worked at a lot of car shows for Meguiar’s)

Looks like their still going strong.

Boat detailing for my by the way is hard. It's hard to detail textured surfaces which many Fiberglas boats have, steps and such, lots of trim, rails, cleats, etc. your always having to work around. The exterior is easy enough but as you mention in the article, the longer the boat gets, the taller it tends to get... big boats take a lot of time to buff out.

You have to respect the guys that do that for a living and are good at it.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

HI Mike,

Thanks for sharing that story about how you almost went to work for Hanna Car Wash Systems.

Actually, during the 1980's I was working for Sherman Industries, in Palmyra, NJ as their Quality Control Manager. The reason I mention that is that by the early 1990's both Hanna and Sherman merged to form Hanna/Sherman. If you had taken that job and I had stayed with Sherman we both may have been working together today.

Anywho, thanks so much for that good reply!
      FRANK CANNA
      Mirror Finish Detailing
      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');