• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound

This truly is an amazing product. If I had to pick one Meguiar's product, I think this would be it. It's so revolutionary - a strong paint cutting product that almost anyone can use, even by hand and with DA. And since it uses SMAT, I can work it for as long or as short as I want, making it more versatile. Great job with this one, as well as pretty much all of the other products!
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Ultimate Compound

do you find this works better than scratchx? i have marring that scratchx seems to be doing very little to help fix.. either that or i am not rubbing hard enough.. or giving it enough attempts?

Comment

Yes. Try UC. Work a small area at a time and rub pretty hard. Just make sure the surface is clean first so you don't actually create scratches. I use a DA but I also do it by hand in certain areas. Just work it in good for about 20 passes by hand and it'll do it for sure.
      -HealthyCivic
      Check out the glossary

Comment

I would agree on how great a product UC is. I've used it on a couple of different different vehicles and have had great results. I've removed dog scratches in the paint, a nozzle from the gas station that scratched and from keys causing scratches. Scratches are removed or at least lessened.
        http://www.facebook.com/SuperiorDetails
        http://www.superiordetails.time2detail.com/

Comment

it was nice and sunny today, and i noticed on the pillar of my car where it meets the rear fender, a clear coat line where the body shop that worked on my fender left. they blended the paint, but left an obvious (under sunlight) clear coat "fade" where the new paint meets the factory paint.. i was in awe... i felt the area and you could clearly feel the difference.. that was the GOOD news because I knew that if I could feel it, then it means i could potentially buff/rub it even.... I picked up uC about a week ago but have not used it yet until now. I put some on a sponge applicator and just rubbed up and down on the line and within seconds it was GONE! I will have to go under direct sunlight to see how much is left and if I need to work in some more UC, but jsut by feel the distinction is no longer there, and from normal flourescent light, I cannot see it.. amazing! It would have made the paint of my car look like absolute "maaco" job if I wasn't able to get rid of this! Thanks Megs!

Comment

Go UC! Glad to hear it worked well for you.
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

put my car under the sun to see if the blending spot was gone.. it was! BUT upon having the car under direct sun.. i saw A LOT of issues.. that i have not been able to see in jsut regular sunnny weather and normal lighting... etching and what not on NEW paint areas.. swirls... oxidation marks (looks chemical on new paint)... i tried the UC on the chemical stains and GONE!... very very impressed! and so easy to use... I am going to dedicate one day and do the whole car with the UC. I am sure most of the car needs it even if I cannot see it 80% of the time. peace of mind ppl!

Comment

Tried this out the other day on a friends car... It is a GREAT product, especially for an OTC product.. I highly recommend it!
                - Markito -

Comment

I'm a big UC lover too!

Comment

UC cleaned up the shadow line trim on my BMW perfectly. BMW suggests No. 9 but the UC did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');