• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Polisher

I have noticed multiple sites selling the polisher for around $150. I was just curious If there waging to he a price don at any time? Of course the sites are sold out .

Re: Meguiars Polisher

Sorry that suppose to be going to be a price drop.

Comment

Meguiar's tends to use the MSRP so as not to compete with the distributors, and then the distributors can set any price they like.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

CHeck with all distributors, but even when they have a sale, typically polishers are not part of the average discount sales.

Comment

1. autodetailingsolutions.net
          2. detailing.com
          3. amazon.com

Your best bets for lowest prices. The first 2 drop their prices just after Thanksgiving as a black Friday sale. autodetailingsolutions.net offers the best bundles.

Comment

Thanks guys. Weighing out Porter Cable and Meguiars polishers.

Comment

Ya like even those sites are all out. Any info regarding this Michael? I real want a Meguiars but $190 vs.$149 with free shipping can't be beat. Unless u can't find them.

Comment

Amazon has the G110v2 in stock for $149

Comment

Just ordered one. Didn't know they come with a pad and the backing plate.

Comment

Originally posted by 2010fusion View Post
                    Just ordered one. Didn't know they come with a pad and the backing plate.
                    They don't come with a pad. If the unit you ordered comes with a pad it's something the reseller added in addition to the G110v2.

Comment

Whoops it comes with the backing plate. Read it wrong. Sorry I am still new at this. Which pad would I need for light swirl removal? I know the soft foam. I ordered the W8207 pad , and I am curious if this is a correct pad for the job?

Comment

Originally posted by 2010fusion View Post
                        light swirl removal... W8207 pad... correct pad for the job?
                        Yes, this is the correct pad for light swirl removal. Typically, I would recommend a few of these for paint correction. You can order a mix and match 6 pack from ADS or Autogeek. They have a sale on right now.

Comment

Thanks Bill. Also I was curious if these brands are made equally. I have seen some different brands out there. With regards to the different color pads from Meguiars are these just for different densities of the scratches or imperfections? My car has little need for claying and is smooth as glass but just with some swirls. That is why I went with the least dense and using SwirlX.

Comment

You're correct the different colored pads are different densities and offer different levels of surface correction. I highly suggest you stick with the Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 pads. They are high quality and you can wash them in the washing machine. If you have any issues correcting the surface, most of the forum members and Meguiar's support team are highly familiar with with these pads and can quickly troubleshoot the issue.

The burgundy cutting pads (W7207) are the most aggressive (I very much doubt you will ever need one of these and do not recommend these for your application).

The yellow polishing pads (W8207) are for minor->moderate surface correction (ie swirls/light scratches). These are the one you want a few of. Because they are actually removing a small amount of paint/clearcoat, they get loaded up (similar to how a file gets loaded up when filing metal/wood). You can clean them as you work, but it's much nicer to use a fresh clean pad to carry on every second panel you are correcting.

The black finishing pads (W9207) are primarily used for applying wax. They offer very little surface correction. They do however offer an extremely minor amount. You can use them with a mild product like SwirlX for an ultra perfect finish. The product will be doing 99% of the correction, not the pad. The good thing is... if you are just starting out and learning. You won't introduce any imperfections with these pads.

I'm not sure what you ordered, but if it was 1 yellow pad. Look at getting another and perhaps 2 black pads as a minimum.

Best of luck. Enjoy your polisher when you get it.

Comment

Thanks and will do. I removed some of the swirls by hand today but that would be an all day job going by hand and at the firmness not to mention at least 2 applications just in 2 test spots. I will wait and let the polisher do the work for me. Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');