• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars and Paint Film protection products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars and Paint Film protection products

Hi,
    I have had the front of my car covered in a 3M paint protections film, the suppliers say that I shouldn't use any products that contain parrafin based petroleum distillates in them as this will attack the film and cause it to yellow over time.

I have also been told that naphtha based petroleum distillates are OK (no idea why) but I can't find any products that state anything other than "contains petroleum distillates".

Does anyone know if there are any Meguiars products that contain wither no petroleum distillates or else the naphtha based ones?

Thanks,
    Darren.

Re: Meguiars and Paint Film protection products

Darren,
    3M has a recommended maintenance product for their Paint Protection Film. 3M Performance Finish 39030. You can get from any Certified 3M installer. If they don't stock they can get it from their Distributor. It is the only product that has been tested and proven to not cause discoloration

Comment

Re: Meguiars and Paint Film protection products

Thanks Mike, I'll get some and give it a go, it would still be good to find out about the Megs produtcs asd well id anyone knows?

Darren.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');