• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why QD when you can QEW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why QD when you can QEW...

I think I've finally realized that it takes me just as long to do a decent QD job as it does to get out the bucket and do a regular QEW wash.
    1998 BMW 323is

QD spot areas where the overall rest of the car is fine. If the entire car is in need of cleaning, at minimum, a QEW wash is needed. I'd never attempt to QD an entire car unless I was looking for gloss enhancement ( from those that offer).
    my product collection-- New !
    My Detailing Credo
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

A car in need of a QD should be much quicker than one that needs a QEW. A QD does not require filling a bucket with water or the second pass of drying the car. With that said QD is for light dust and fingerprints, a QEW is for a dirtier car that needs to be washed but does not have heavy caked on dirt, that requires a conventional wash. They both have there place just different conditions.

It seems like you are trying to QD a car that is too dirty for what that type of product is intended for.
      LL

Comment

doubleL may be correct in his assessment.

A QD spray and a product like QEW are in two very unique categories in my opinion.

QDs should only be used for very light dust removal, smudges, fingerprints, and a few other types of very light surficial contamination.

Washing should be used in all other instances beyond a very light surficial coating. See this thread with Mike's thoughts on QD versus washing.

Meguiar's manufactures several 'Quik Detailer' types of products...

NEW NXT Generation Speed Detailer
        Quik Detailer
        Final Inspection
        Last Touch Spray Detailer

Each and every one of these products has unique properties that allow the user to enjoy a high-gloss end result with great lubrication properties to remove the very light surface contamination. It's very hard to beat the simplicity and ease of a QD application when the situations are right. Give them a try!

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I have always found QDing a car to be much faster than washing. I can clean the wheels, car, and windows in under 20 minutes. Best part is you don't get wet.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');