• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh water-spot removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh water-spot removal

Can someone suggest a good cleaner wax that will clean the fresh water spot ( after car wash ) and wax with good long lasting result? I am using this for my own vehicles after car wash, as one-step clean & wax. Since it will be used on same car again and again, I need the product that cleans well but won't cut ( at least not much ) the clearcoat, so it can be safe for daily use on same car.

By the way, I am using rotary buffer with polishing pad, so I will want the product that is rotary compatible. I am currently looking into few different meguiar's products, including D151, M66, and M06 ( rotary compatible ).

Re: Fresh water-spot removal

M66 Quick Detailer or D151 would be a good choice. Keep in mind water spots can vary tremendously and have the potential to be very stubborn. If that ends up being the case you may need a stronger dedicated cleaning product versus a "cleaner/wax".
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks, Brian

Yes, I do have inventory of M105 and M84 for heavy cutting, also M80 & M105 for aggressive polishing, when needed.

so both D151 and M66 cuts the clearcoat? If yes, will it be safe for me to keep on using it on the same car/clearcoat over and over???

Comment

Originally posted by stanclub View Post
        so both D151 and M66 cuts the clearcoat? If yes, will it be safe for me to keep on using it on the same car/clearcoat over and over???

Assuming you are using the proper methods of application, pads, speeds, etc. you can use these products as regular maintenance on the vehicle with no problems. Yes, they do have mild cleaning/cutting ability.
        Brian Hann
        Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Sounds good! Thanks for the info.

I have looked at the spec of both M66 and D151. It seems to me that D151 is more like the cutting compound and polishing into one; plus wax as well. So should I use it with low speed and less aggressive pad for my cleaning and waxing need?

Dose D151 with SMAT a proper replacement for M105/M205 combination? Will it deliver good result as M105/M205 can do? What is the equivalent ( or similar ) to the Mirror Glaze in performance and cutting level ?

Comment

I use a QD to remove FRESH water spots, in this case Last Touch. If the water spots are dried, I use the least aggressive paint cleaner (DC1) I have to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
              I use a QD to remove FRESH water spots, in this case Last Touch. If the water spots are dried, I use the least aggressive paint cleaner (DC1) I have to remove it.
              Agreed. Last Touch is fantastic for using as both a drying agent (adds lubrication) and a fresh water spot removal agent. Then you can follow up with a cleaner wax of your choice.

I think M66 is a fantastic regular maintenance wax as it goes on and comes off extremely easily - no streaking, no timing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                Assuming you are using the proper methods of application, pads, speeds, etc. you can use these products as regular maintenance on the vehicle with no problems. Yes, they do have mild cleaning/cutting ability.

How's the cleaning ability of both D151 & M66 as comparing to M9?

M9 is really a nice cleaner that I ever use!!!

Comment

If there fresh from a wash, or rain. Why not do a quick detail. You could always use uqw after the detail, once a week. I think Last Touch would work wonderfully in your situation.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');