• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Detailer for Interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Detailer for Interior?

Hi

I'm new to meguiar products and to the forum.

I would like to know if I can use the Ultimate Quik Detailer for the interior trim of the car. The Meguiars dealer here in Brunei has no stock of the Interior Quik Detailer Spray & Wipe. One of their staff told me I could use the Ultimate Quik Detailer for the interior as well, is this true?

Mel

Re: Ultimate Quik Detailer for Interior?

Originally posted by mnlow View Post
    Hi

I'm new to meguiar products and to the forum.

I would like to know if I can use the Ultimate Quik Detailer for the interior trim of the car. The Meguiars dealer here in Brunei has no stock of the Interior Quik Detailer Spray & Wipe. One of their staff told me I could use the Ultimate Quik Detailer for the interior as well, is this true?

Mel
    Hey Mel-

I think you' dbe better off trying to locate some Quik Interior Detailer. I haven't tried it, but I can imagine that it would leave a film on the surfaces (because it's made to protect the paint). Both products are "Quik" but they're each made for entirely different purposes.

Also take a look at some of the protectants for the interior - Natural Shine Protectant, Ultimate Protectant - to give you some gloss as well as UV protection. And none of these products dry greasy, so they're safe on all interior plastic and vinyl (with the exception of clear plastic).

matt
    -----

Comment

As Matt said, look for Ultimate Protectant, Natural Shine protectant, or Supreme Shine Protectant. If none of these are available, you can also use Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner to clean the interior and then try some other brand of INTERIOR dressing. I'd rather use another brand than use something against what it was designed for. If you ever use something against what it is designed for, and it does damage, guess who's out of luck for not following the directions?

Whereas, if you use a product for what it is designed, and it does damage, you have a valid claim.
      -HealthyCivic
      Check out the glossary

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies and advice. I did buy the Supreme Shine. I just thought I needed the Detailer to clean before applying the shine.

Comment

The UQD would leave its own coating anyway, so wouldnt help with the cleaning.

Do you have anything like APC available there? A wipe down with diluted APC is always good before dressing.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            The UQD would leave its own coating anyway, so wouldnt help with the cleaning.

Do you have anything like APC available there? A wipe down with diluted APC is always good before dressing.
            I apologise as I'm new to Meguiar products. What is APC?

Comment

All Purpose Cleaner, or All Purpose Cleaner +.

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just another thought. If you like the idea of having a cleaner and protectant in one, then see if you can locate some #40 vinyl & Rubber cleaner/conditioner. It's part of their professional mirror glaze line.

See why Meguiar’s has been a trusted car care company for more than 120 years by shopping an authorized selection of products to treat any motorized vehicle.
                2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Thanks guys for all your advice, really appreciate your time in replying

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');