• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Coinop, NXT and QEW - 1,2,3 ( Final Edit 2/1/05)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coinop, NXT and QEW - 1,2,3 ( Final Edit 2/1/05)

Part 1: I tired QEW for the first time this afternoon. The practice vehicle was my wife’s silver Toyota Tacoma . The temperature was in the upper twenties. The QEW wash followed a wash at the coinop to get the major winter crud off. I used both the soap and rinse cycles at the coinop and then just drove he truck home. The trip included four miles of a dusty gravel road so there was the both residue from the coinop and some dust on the truck prior to the QEW wash.

The Toyota had a very good coat of NXT on it. The crud rinsed right off. NXT must be pretty slick stuff.

I followed the directions for mixing the QEW as printed on the bottle. I applied the wash with a cotton chenille wash mitt and dried it with terry cloth towels washing and drying one section at a time. (I save my microfiber towels for my big black Ram. )

The results on this silver truck are very satisfactory. I found no need to QD the truck after drying it. There was minimal water on the garage floor. The true test of QEW will come when I use it on the big black Ram.

Part 2: It worked just great on the big black Ram. No streaks. I didn't have to QD. And yes, I used my microfiber towels on the Ram

Part 3: I used QEW on the big black Ram at the coinop rather than driving home first. I took a five gallon container of water with me to the carwash. After doing the complete coinop wash and rinse, I used the QEW for a final wash. It was cloudy and the temperature was in the low 40's. I was able to apply QEW to large sections before having to dry. Again, the truck looks great without QDing.

I'm growing quite fond of this product.

Tom
    Last edited by tguil; Feb 1, 2005, 09:29 PM.

It does sound like a good product to use in the winter when you have to wash in the garage in the winter. As you know over here in des moines Iowa its all the same story in the winter.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

QEW sure helps to take out some of the pains of vehicle washing in the winter. Never ceases to amaze me how dirty of a vehicle it can clean also.
      Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');