• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Custom Ceiling Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Custom Ceiling Fan

Today is the end day of Project Ceiling Fan. Months ago I took my stock white Hunter ceiling fan blades and painted them yellow using oil paint. Sanding wasn't necessary; the oil paint went on fine. But the oil paint took forever and a day to dry! Patience held out though, and when the yellow was completed I moved onto green color. I only painted the visible side of the fan blades yellow. The sides of the blades I painted green, using oil paint as well. Took forever to dry, had them sitting around on old newspaper. Today I dabbed them with a tissue to see if the green paint was still wet. Some areas it was but it wasn't too bad. I decided to hook the suckers back up, and man, it was so difficult trying to balance the fan blade plus the screw plus the screwdriver all at once, five times in a row whew! Anyway, here's the result. As you can see, it is part of my John Deere theme...
    FL

and ya got a little JD on the pull chain..great idea
    Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Thanks I also have a John Deere bedspread, plus some other JD trinkets...
      FL

Comment

when i was growing up in Penna, I worked on my neighbor's farm and they had a JD B model...hardest starting machine i ever worked on. Then they got modern with a JD 60...what a relief!

Nice seeing those models. I live in Kansas and some of the dealers carry a pretty extensive line of models.
        Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Originally posted by Totoland Mach
          when i was growing up in Penna, I worked on my neighbor's farm and they had a JD B model...hardest starting machine i ever worked on. Then they got modern with a JD 60...what a relief!

Nice seeing those models. I live in Kansas and some of the dealers carry a pretty extensive line of models.
          What region in PA? I grew up there myself
          FL

Comment

King of Prussia PA...the farm was on the small highway going towards Valley Forge Park. I haven't been back there since I left in 1961 so it's probably all housing and suburbs now.
            Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Originally posted by Totoland Mach
              King of Prussia PA...the farm was on the small highway going towards Valley Forge Park. I haven't been back there since I left in 1961 so it's probably all housing and suburbs now.
              KOP, you would be amazed at how that area has grown up. I was out there for an extended period of time a couple of years ago. Nice area and good people. I made some very good friends while working there. The mall is absolutely huge.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeRcode
                KOP, you would be amazed at how that area has grown up. I was out there for an extended period of time a couple of years ago. Nice area and good people. I made some very good friends while working there. The mall is absolutely huge.
                Oh yeah, I've been to the KOP mall a few times. I used to live near Hershey PA.
                FL

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');