• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Dodge Stealth Restoration (HD Jet Black Reflection Shots Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1994 Dodge Stealth Restoration (HD Jet Black Reflection Shots Inside)

Wow! I'd be VERY proud to own that beauty. Never sell it.
    -James
    2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Wow! Truly amazing job on the Stealth! I liked these cars back when they came out, still see some out on the roads today but nothing......NOTHING like yours! It's good to see when someone applies what they have learned here and get exceptional results!
      Keep up the great work!
      For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
        Wow! I'd be VERY proud to own that beauty. Never sell it.
        Oh, I plan on being the last owner of it. I'm driving it till the engine gives out, but with 107k miles and it still going strong, that hopefully won't happen for quite some time. Even then, I'd probably just buy a new engine

Comment

Beautiful Stealth. You did yourself proud with that work. I was once the proud owner of a 1992 Stealth and a 1995 Stealth. I owned the '92 for almost 16 years. The '95 I owned for about 4 years. Both were reliable and excellent cars. I wish I still owned both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kornercarver View Post
            Beautiful Stealth. You did yourself proud with that work. I was once the proud owner of a 1992 Stealth and a 1995 Stealth. I owned the '92 for almost 16 years. The '95 I owned for about 4 years. Both were reliable and excellent cars. I wish I still owned both of them.
            They look really nice, you took really good care of them. They are reliable and unique looking cars. A lot of people complain about how often they break down, especially with their transmissions, but my stealth has 108k miles on it and I still have the original tranny. I have fun with it and floor it occasionally, but never redline it or dump the clutch at 5k rpms and its been running fine. The problem nowadays is finding one that hasn't been abused since they're a cheap car now and can hit 180mph. It is a sports car though, so people use them as such. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't know why so many complain about their parts not lasting forever if they work them hard on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon777 View Post
              I don't know why so many complain about their parts not lasting forever if they work them hard on a daily basis.
              ...Especially when they never maintain them either. Fluids not getting changed, ever, is a BIG one! I drive my Mustang hard, but I also take care of it. It starts up every time and runs/works like new!

Comment

You did a really good job on the Stealth! It looks like the seat covers and the door panel inserts have been replaced, it looks good!

I've had two Stealths. My first was a '93 non-turbo automatic that I converted to a twin turbo 5-speed manual, and then my second was a '94 pearl yellow twin turbo. I miss it so much!!

www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Comment

what a great job, especially on a black car, the before photos looked like it was too late for that car, but what a transformation, it should be in the next Transformers movie ! great work.

Comment

Fantastic turn around! Way to go
                    1967 Chevy Camaro Convertible - Dad/Daughter Project - Ermine White
                    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Black
                    2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT - Stryker Blue

Comment

DAYUM! Great work and a job well done.
                      2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

Originally posted by LelandGray View Post
                        You did a really good job on the Stealth! It looks like the seat covers and the door panel inserts have been replaced, it looks good!

I've had two Stealths. My first was a '93 non-turbo automatic that I converted to a twin turbo 5-speed manual, and then my second was a '94 pearl yellow twin turbo. I miss it so much!!
                        Thank you and everyone else as well. Your pearl yellow one looks great in that picture. It's hard to decide what to move on to from a Stealth or 3000gt since they're such fun cars that aren't that expensive for the power. I put those extra tan door panel pieces on as the glue wore out so the vinyl on the panel had bubbles everywhere and this was a good permanent solution.

Comment

You put a lot of work into it and it shows. Very nice looking car. Great job.
                          Ron

Comment

Quite the results! You've got talent young man.
                            Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Great job! Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you use 0000 steel wool to remove the water spots on the windows?

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
                                Great job! Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you use 0000 steel wool to remove the water spots on the windows?
                                Yes, there were so many and they were so old that nothing was working so I used 0000 steel wool to rub Meguiar's rubbing compound onto the windows to get them out. This worked perfectly and the end result was perfectly clear windows.

This also helped me get clear side mirrors as well.

I recommend doing a test spot with the steel wool to ensure it does not scratch. Once confirmed safe, I pressed very hard to get out these very tough water spots and I did not scratch the windows, but I advise being careful about your pressure and do a test spot with the pressure you plan to use to make sure the windows aren't being scratched.

Also, do the windows in small sections, just like you do with paint. Took me a good 3 hours to do all the windows as I had to go over some areas twice because the water spots were 16 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');