• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax vs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Wax vs Ultimate Quik Detailer

is there really a difference in these 2 products? i know that the quik wax is supposed to offer a degree of protection. and if that is the case, what is the point in using the quik detailer over the quik wax (minus clay lubrication)? if your going to keep a spray bottle around for a quick shine, shouldn't you go ahead and use one that will offer protection too? is there a difference in the shine that these 2 offer?
    2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax vs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Ultimate Quik Detailer (UQD) is designed to give an extremely slick surface to remove light dust without scratching. It also leaves behind a polymer coating creasted from Meguiars Hydrophobic Technology. However, this coating is not to be confused with a wax. It provides a very small booster to the wax.

Ultimate Quik Wax (UQW) is designed as a booster wax. It is meant to be used after a car wash in order to add to the liquid or paste wax previously applied. UQW also uses Meguiars Hydrophobic Technology and lasts several weeks which is quite impressive for a mist and wipe product. UQW though does not provide the super slick surface necessary to remove light dust without scratching. You would use UQD to remove the dust and then apply UQW. When dust accumulates again, use UQD to remove the dust.

UQD is a spray detailer while UQW is a spray wax.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

so if quik wax is a wax booster, would it have any effect or benefit if there wasn't a fresh coat of wax already applied? say, if the last coat of wax was a few months ago?

and is the shine or color depth any different? for example, if the shine/depth was better with the quik detailer, i think i would rather just use the detailer after a wax instead of the quik wax

Comment

UQW gives amazing depth and makes the paint look wet. It is one of my favorite products right behind 205.

UQW was designed as a booster but can be used as a standalone if need be. If you applied a paste or liquid wax several months ago, then I would say to reapply a paste or liquid. Use the UQW once every week or every other week to keep that wet look and enhance protection.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Adding to Shawn T.'s posting...

Between wax sessions, I use UQW after every car wash because it boosts the existing wax protection and provides an incredible "slickness" to the paint surface.

I use UQD whenever I need to remove light dust, bird droppings, and other loosely adhering "stuff" between car washes.
          Andy W.
          Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
          Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

i think i see the difference now. i was unaware of UQW, and i've been using the detailer in the way that the quik wax was designed for. which is just topping off my truck after a wash for a little extra shine. i think i need to save the detailer for "touchups" and grab some UQW for after washes.

Comment

Originally posted by music_man185 View Post
              and is the shine or color depth any different? for example, if the shine/depth was better with the quik detailer, i think i would rather just use the detailer after a wax instead of the quik wax
              To answer this question:

UQW offers the superior depth / richness of the two. It really darkens the paint - especially if you have a black or dark coloured car.

As far as shine and slickness - I can't really pick the better of the two - they're both fantastic!
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Check out this video:

Hopefully that will help explain things a bit better.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by music_man185 View Post

so if quik wax is a wax booster, would it have any effect or benefit if there wasn't a fresh coat of wax already applied? say, if the last coat of wax was a few months ago?

i think i would rather just use the detailer after a wax instead of the quik wax

I think you missed the point...

Quik detailer is used for cleaning light layers of dust from the finish without scratching it. As far as usage of quik wax on a finish that has not been waxed recently, as long as the surface is clean, quik wax is better than NO wax.

Quik wax is just that...

A quick wax.

Comment

I disagree about there being a difference between the gloss or shine or darkening. I've done side-by-side on different panels and I was never able to see a difference between the two; neither were my third party observers, who had no idea what I was doing when asked. I've tried different light sources: incan, CFL, morning sun, direct over-head sun, over-cast, dusk, sodium in well light parking lot at night. What is different between the two is the time required for the "slickness" to appear. The Ultimate Quik Wax slicks up immediately. The Ultimate Quik Detailer takes 5 or 6 minutes; during which the feel is slightly tacky. Once the slickness sets in there's no difference to the feel between the two. UQW spreads more uniformily than the UQD, meaning the wax tends to nearly disappear and the detailer tends to stay a liquid spread over the surface. [note: as indicated in its directions, do not let Ultimate Quik Detailer dry; it will make removal more difficult plus the suspended dust particles will be deposited on the surface in the detailer goo]

I concur that the purpose of the Ultimate Quik Detailer is for light dust removal and by light I would recommend it only for dust you really cannot see. For me it was one day of driving after a wash. NOT for dust one might get from driving down a dirt road; for that the product of choice---instead of a dedicated wash---would be Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere. For me, my bottle of Ultimate Quik Detailer is going to be used for bird dropping removal. My choice for between full waxing (I use ULW) will be the Ultimate Quik Wax, because (1) if the car needs dust removal I'm going to just wash it, it takes the same amount of time as UQD and (2) if I'm going to spray something on the car it might as well be a wax, especially since there's no difference in the shine.

Comment

Then what is Last touch. I thought that was a spray wax or quick detailer. Too many overlapping products

Comment

LT is a quick detailer - and a great one at that!
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

LT is a great instant detailer, does offer slickness but it is inferior to UQD, UQD has polymers that can add protection a bit. However, you can use LT dilluted 50/50 for claying, something UQD isn't really desgned for, it's too slick and expensive for claying.

UQW is a fantastic product, offers real depth and richness that can match many "traditional" waxes, plus has excellent protection as well. And is very easy to use, one of the easiest if not the easiest I've used.

Comment

I own a Fiat 500...here is the picture. I only use Meguires Quick Detailer AFTER washing my car and have always used only that. I have not waxed the car nor was it waxed when I purchased it.

I've never had any problems making this car look shiny and nice and when it gets dirty, it's easy to wash and so on.

I think waxing is OK but in general you do more harm waxing and polishing than you do good...not because it's not something that doesn't help..but in most cases most people just don't do it right and it's very time consuming.

Comment

"I think waxing is OK but in general you do more harm waxing and polishing than you do good...not because it's not something that doesn't help..but in most cases most people just don't do it right and it's very time consuming."

Really? just because a few people don't know how to use wax and it take longer then wiping down doesn't make it harmful or a waist of time.

Waxing, polishing and PROTECTING your paint is alot more complictaed then your results from just wiping down your car with some Quick Detailer.
                              I'm glad Quick Detailer does such a great job on your car but other might need something else.

The one thing here on MOL and Meguiar's is to give the enthuiest and pros the products and information to make cars, boats, motorcycles, rv's the protection and shine they're looing for.
                              Your statment that wax is ok is insulting to all the pros and amatures out there who make a living and hobby out of "waxing". I hope this wasn't your intention.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');