• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on how to fix these blemishes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on how to fix these blemishes?

I stumbled onto this forum when googling repairing paint and there seems to be a lot of great info and insights over here. I am a novice when it comes to paint and exterior of cars and I was wondering what my options are to fix these "scrapes" that are on my poor car =(

I ran my finger over them and it doesn't seem to be deep into the paint. But it does feel like there is no more clear coat on it and feels dull and rough compare to the rest of the panel.

So does anyone have any suggestions on any products and methodsthat can correct it a bit? Or does it look like I have to get a repaint of the panels?

Thanks in advance and much appreicated!

Re: Suggestions on how to fix these blemishes?

It looks like somebody has sanded through the clear coat. I could be wrong but if that is the case, you can hide it a little by buffing over it but in the end, it will need to be resprayed. Like I said, I could be wrong but thats how it looks to me.
    ChrisThompsonsCustom@gmail.com
    www.ChrisThompsonsCustom.webs.com
    (352) 897-0050

Comment

The scrape in the top photograph (one with tire) might be partially correctable but there may be two spots where the scrape has gone through the clear coat to the base coat. Something like Scratch-X or Ultimate Compound might remove a large portion of this scrape (except where the base coat is exposed).

I agree with Chris Thompson - the bottom photograph looks like someone has sanded through the clear coat into the base coat. Light grey color "ring" is likely the clear coat and the darker gray color "center" is probably the base coat

In areas where the base coat is exposed, the correct way to repair is to re-paint the panel.
      Andy W.
      Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
      Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

For the top pic, go with the scratch-x.
        Bottom pic, looks like it would need to be re-painted.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');