• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

odor from throw up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odor from throw up...

whats the best odor eliminator for throw up m23 or consumer Meguiars Car Odor Eliminator 16 oz....

its in my friends car, i shampooed it an cleaned it, letting it air out but it still smells.. i don't have a extractor yet

thanks guys!

Re: odor from throw up...

Try a odor bomb.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
      Try a odor bomb.
      And get an extactor. Bissell Little Green Machine comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
        And get an extactor. Bissell Little Green Machine comes to mind.
        LGM's are great. $100 vs $600++. Put hot HOT water into the LGM with the shampoo. ProHeat models only raise the temp 20 degrees.

After you're done shampooing, let it dry, then I'd hit it with the M23. M23 works best when the targeted upholstry isn't wet. I love my M23.

Next time your buddy goes out drinkin', tell him to wrap his interior in plastic!
        Last edited by ocdetail; Oct 5, 2010, 06:46 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

thanks guys!! i will give it a try! it was his girl friend that made the mess hahaha

Comment

As the others have said, get the area as clean as possible, but as for the odor, there are a few options you can do ranging from quick & cheap on up.

A quick & easy DIY odor removal tool - cut an apple in 1/2 or 1/4 & set the pieces randomly on the vehicle (SUVs & vans will need more than 1) make sure at least 1 is as close as possible if not directly touching the area affected. Let it sit for 24-48 hours. That's it.

You can also use a box of Arm & Hammer, the fridge pads work best as they are designed to allow odor in but not spill the baking soda. This method take a little longer but works just as well.

As for the professionals, find a detailer who offers Ozone treatments, typically will cost $75-100 & take a few hours.

Comment

Sell the car! The good news for your friend is that vomit is not listed on Carfax, yet The bad news for the buyer is that vomit is not listed on Carfax, yet .
              "The Dude Abides"

Comment

Cleaning every single surface is a start.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

You need an enzyme based cleaner that will attack the protein-based stains and devours the odor causing bacteria.
                  South Florida & Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Comment

Originally posted by k3ith View Post
                    Sell the car! The good news for your friend is that vomit is not listed on Carfax, yet The bad news for the buyer is that vomit is not listed on Carfax, yet .
                    There's a lot of stuff not listed on Carfax...including accidents.

Anyways, David makes a good point too!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');