• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShopVac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShopVac

I recently bought a 2.5HP/2.5 gallon ShopVac from Lowes. For $29.99, I am impressed. Not only that it does an exceptional job on vacuuming, but the blower port is awesome for drying my car (especially the small crevices). Also, it's light enough to carry around your car, plus it comes with a three (3) year warranty.

Here's the link:

Re: ShopVac

Glad to hear you found something that works. I use an old vacuum that my dad's friend didn't need anymore. She has some power though.

Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Be careful when using the blower that you're not blowing fine particles of dust and dirt at your car while drying. Yes, it has a filter, but it doesnt filter 100% of the waste out of the air - expecially if you're dropping / dragging it across the ground
      -----

Comment

I bought one just like it recently, although mine looks a little different than the one in the photo on the Lowes site.

The only reason I bought it was for mobile jobs since I have a much larger wet/dry Lowes vac for heavier cleaning. The little one is nice and light and I use it for vehicles that need a light vac only, that way I do not have to haul the big one around.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Majeika View Post
          Be careful when using the blower that you're not blowing fine particles of dust and dirt at your car while drying. Yes, it has a filter, but it doesnt filter 100% of the waste out of the air - expecially if you're dropping / dragging it across the ground
          You are right. However, I am very careful about this knowing that the blower will blow everything inside the bucket. To be safe, I always clean the bucket first, then wash the washable filter (which is right in-front of the foam filter), before using the blower.

...Or I can buy another filter for $4.97 at Lowes to be safe, and change them whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
            I bought one just like it recently, although mine looks a little different than the one in the photo on the Lowes site.

The only reason I bought it was for mobile jobs since I have a much larger wet/dry Lowes vac for heavier cleaning. The little one is nice and light and I use it for vehicles that need a light vac only, that way I do not have to haul the big one around.
            It's true, it's light enough to bring along with you. I know it's not as light as the Blaster Sidekick or the Metro Vac-N-Blo, but what the heck its only the fraction of the cost, and can be easily bought locally.

Comment

I am going to only use this as a blower, never for vacuuming. I just cant afford a Blaster Sidekick or Metro Vac-N-Blo.

Comment

Yea, that size would be perfect for running around, even the wall unit I have is sort of a pain to un hook, run the wire to the outlet, then put it all back neat.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackScreaminMachine View Post
                  Yea, that size would be perfect for running around, even the wall unit I have is sort of a pain to un hook, run the wire to the outlet, then put it all back neat.
                  I did not bother installing the wall mount in my garage. I just store it inside a cabinet.

I also bought the micro tool, so the force of the air will be more focused.

Comment

I have a rigid shop vac, and a autobahn wall mounted vac. I find the autobahn does a pretty good job. Heavier messes, I go with the rigid.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');